How did you settle on your username?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

Back in '85 I put a Chevy 383 stroker and turbo 400 transmission into my then ten year old Toyota Landcruiser. Kept it for over 30 years more in that configuration. It was my most fun ride ever.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Hey DALE :p

If you send me a clear photo, I'll see if I can get your avatar improved.

Here you go Jeff, this can be Dalecamino's new avatar!

JUICEDSS

I used to drive a 2002 Camaro SS with nitrous oxide for a power adder. That is the name I used on car forums and any others I am on now.

My original name here was the name of an AI in a sci-fi book I read... I liked the name and used it for several year... but when I signed up here I actually misspelled the name so it came out as Ozmandus.... after I moved to TN, I wanted a name more in keeping with my wood turning here and my stepson came up with the name TellicoImages for his website that reflected his passion for photography... I liked the concept and asked Jeff to change my user name to TellicoTurnings... he inadvertently dropped the "S" on the end, but I never had him change it.

Lucky2

I got my title from the police years ago, have you ever heard the saving "and your lucky too". They were talking about how lucky my buddy and I were, that we didn't get injured or killed in an accident. Since them, that's what my buddies called me Lucky2, all because of how the 2 police officers addressed me. Right after asking our names, and before I could give them my real name. They had told my buddy how lucky he was, and then turned to me and said, "Your lucky too, you could have been killed. That's all it took to be given a nickname, that sticks with you for years. Nowadays, most of my buds just call me Lucky, or Luck, they've dropped the use of the too part. It used to bug me, but I got over it once I saw how much people enjoyed using the name to torment or tease me. I couldn't allow them to see how much it bugged me, so, I started using the name myself.

Len

penicillin

I made myself sick from trying to think of a good name.

Off topic: This thread is fun to read. The responses have been so interesting.

greenacres2

On the day i set up my dial-up internet account--i didn't anticipate needing a user name. That day i had cut part of my lawn when i was home for lunch--having removed my suit coat but not my tie. So...the Greenacres TV show came to mind, picture Eddie Albert driving a tractor in a suit. through the years i've had to change it a few times, so numbers had to be added, but usually "2" is available!!
earl

jeff_in_AZ

Well ... my name is Jeff and I live in Arizona.
I've lived here for 25 years but if I ever move out of state, I'll have
to rethink this whole thing.

Top Bottom