How did you settle on your username?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

So how did you pick your user name? What''s the story behind it?

Mine was from years ago, when I first got on AOL. At the time I drank Ice House beer, so it started there. I was unique because for some reason everyone wanted "69" in their username for some reason. So since then most things I register for it is under Edicehouse.

BillyBoy63

Will you can see mine happened in 1963 the year I was born my real name is William
So on that point my sister thought she would pick on me so she picked a nick name that
I didn't like at that time .But it don't bother me anymore when someone call me by that name.

pshrynk

On the internet of the Old West (Compuserve) I was a part of the science fiction interest group and we had a weekly chat room and the random numbers and letters of my CS assigned username were uninteresting so I changed it. I had been reading Isaac Asimov's autobio and noticed that he called his wife (A PhD clinical psychologist) Pshrink. Since I'm a psychiatrist, I stole the name and modified it to be different from a psychologist. Been pshrynk (lower case) since then.

Humongous

Mine is a nod to the movie "The Road Warrior" (one of my favorites). I'm a big guy and used to lift weights a lot in my younger days, so the guys at work started calling me 'The Great Humongous, Ruler of the wasteland". The rest is history.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Most people familiar with Nascar can figure out my username. Some think my name is Dale.:cool: I used the photo to help out a little. When I built the '78 El Camino using the decal package from Richard Childress Racing, my nephew deemed it the Dalecamino. The late Dale Earnhardt drove the #3 race car. Since changing to the new forum, I haven't been able to get the avatar into focus, or sized properly to show the whole car.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Most people familiar with Nascar can figure out my username. Some think my name is Dale.:cool: I used the photo to help out a little. When I built the '78 El Camino using the decal package from Richard Childress Racing, my nephew deemed it the Dalecamino. The late Dale Earnhardt drove the #3 race car. Since changing to the new forum, I haven't been able to get the avatar into focus, or sized properly to show the whole car.

Hey DALE :p

If you send me a clear photo, I'll see if I can get your avatar improved.

jttheclockman

Mine came from my other hobby. I make and sell scrollsawn items for over 35 years and many projects were clocks of many different styles. I have shown many of them here over the years. But a few of my customers always referred to me as The Clockman whenever they saw me at shows. I also met a few away from the shows and they would say hey you are the Clock Guy from the craft shows. Well I just added my initials in front and thus JTTHECLOCKMAN was born. :)

Texas Taco

My username came up because I had forgotten my original username and had to sign up again.

Old username was Hemibee, named for a red 1969 Dodge Super Bee that had a hemi under the hood that I missed purchasing by just a few minutes. The name was more to kick myself for not purchasing the car when I first saw it.

So I came up with Texas Taco this time for the Taco I drive. I have a Toyota Tacoma (Taco) manufactured in San Antonio. . . Texas Taco

Cwalker935

Purely by chance and a typo. Years ago when trying to come up with an email address and everything using my initial and last name was taken, I got an electronic suggestion for cwalker934. When choosing a username here, I meant to type cwalker934 but my fat finger typed cwalker935.

Mortalis

I am a big Sci Fi fan and was reading a series by RA Salvatore called Demon Wars Saga and one of the books in the series was titled "Mortalis". I just thought it was an awesome user name for a gamer and have used ever since I started gaming approx 20 years ago.

Top Bottom