How can I make something like this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nick Rocco

I am doing my homework to start casting my own pen blanks and I am wondering how something like this is made.

1_hearts.png

Please let me know if you can shed any light.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am pretty sure those secrets will not be revealed. But if you think about it and are handy with a scrollsaw you can figure something out.:) Good luck. May have to just buy the blank for now.

H2O

4 axis cnc would be the best way. Scrolling an image that wraps the blank would distort if it's too wide.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That's a Cupid Pen Blank by Jeff Powell, aka The Master Scroller. It is definitely a highly advanced blank making skill, far beyond my abilities, but it is interesting to read about the general process.

Here's a link to Jeff's web site that explains a little about his work.
Masterscroller.com

jttheclockman

As I said if you have a scrollsaw and the ability to use it you can do something similar with no problem. But you would need to be able to cast blanks as well. This is how Jeff started if all do remember. It can be done with a scroll saw.

jttheclockman

WOW! Great memory guys!!! :)

Jeff does use a CNC for many of his blanks, but this is one of his scrolled designs. Here is a link back to his original post, where he explains about the pen.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/cupid-360-a-69265/

Now look at you Dawn, taking us back almost 6 years ago. This was when Jeff was just about getting started in these type pens and his ideas grew with the addition of the CNC tools. His work back then is just as fresh and exciting as it is today. An innovator for sure. Boy I sure have been here a long time myself. :) Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom