Hose recommendation needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Folks, I've had it with the cheap crappy hose that came with my Home Depot shop vac. It's not flexible, doesn't bend, takes up a ton of space, and is just a general pain to use. Any recommendations for an after market replacement that's the opposite of everything described above? I've got 2.5 inch ports. I'm thinking something like the Festool hose without the Festool prices. Thanks I'm advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

I have my Shop Vac connected to a Dust Deputy - the inexpensive one that uses two 5-gallon buckets to collect the dust.

For the hoze I use a Fulton EZ Flex Clear Vue Hose. It is about 4 feet long when collapsed, but it extends to more than 24 feet. (I think it is the same as what Rick posted above). I can pretty much reach my entire shop without having to move the vacuum cleaner at all. I got it from Peachtree Woodworking Supply.

Rockler sells a similar hose "Dust Right", but it is only 12 feet long. For the most part I bought all of the fittings from Rockler though so I could set up all of my tools so I can just drag the hose to the appropriate tool and connect it up. I have a remote start switch / outlet so I can turn it on and off from anywhere around the shop (as long as I have the on/off fob clipped to my belt).

Regards,
Dave

Here are a couple of thumbnails showing the Dust Deputy setup and one showing the Clear Vue Hose. (Click on them for a larger view).

IMG_2452 (cropped).jpg IMG_3232 Cropped.jpg

leehljp

Member Liaison
Most Festool hoses that I have seen are specifically for Dust Collection and are roughly 1 inch in diameter, not meant for shop vacs and general shop cleaning.

That said, I needed a replacement for my Fein Vac hose a few years ago and got something close to this on amazon:

I can't find the exact one now but as I wrote above, it is very close to that one and is very flexible, won't kink and is heavy duty.

EricRN

Greetings from Nebraska.

I have my Shop Vac connected to a Dust Deputy - the inexpensive one that uses two 5-gallon buckets to collect the dust.

For the hoze I use a Fulton EZ Flex Clear Vue Hose. It is about 4 feet long when collapsed, but it extends to more than 24 feet. (I think it is the same as what Rick posted above). I can pretty much reach my entire shop without having to move the vacuum cleaner at all. I got it from Peachtree Woodworking Supply.

Rockler sells a similar hose "Dust Right", but it is only 12 feet long. For the most part I bought all of the fittings from Rockler though so I could set up all of my tools so I can just drag the hose to the appropriate tool and connect it up. I have a remote start switch / outlet so I can turn it on and off from anywhere around the shop (as long as I have the on/off fob clipped to my belt).

Regards,
Dave

Here are a couple of thumbnails showing the Dust Deputy setup and one showing the Clear Vue Hose. (Click on them for a larger view).

View attachment 350742 View attachment 350743
Thanks. I like how you attached the cyclone. I need to do that with mine.

greenacres2

Ridgid, best hose hands down. Flexible and strong. Comes with adapters.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Shop-Vacuums-LA2570/305626336
That orange hose came with a "car-cleaning" Ridgid vac package i caught on a HD Deal of the Day several years ago (16 gallon, for like $80 that day). Great hose, especially for hand-held tools. That said, when i hook up to a machine (router table, etc) i have a section of clear dust collection hose i've built up specifically for that purpose.
earl

Top Bottom