Hommage to Mal: Single Barrel Cigar Click Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DrD

DrD

Just finished this one; needs to be tweaked just a tad, but not bad for just foolin' around. Got no idea who makes or sells the kit, but I've got 4 more of 'em. Timber is some very, very old African Rosewood. Finish is Myland's Cellulose Sanding Sealer followed by 2 coats of Pen's Plus.

Attachments

• IMG-0505.jpg
    IMG-0505.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG-0510.jpg
    IMG-0510.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG-0511.jpg
    IMG-0511.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG-0512.jpg
    IMG-0512.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice, @DrD !!!

Thank you for showing. . Was this one made just like the Berea twist style shown earlier today, using both 10mm tubes in the same way ?

You say you don't know who sold this kit ... if you could tell us the markings on the package, someone here might be able to identify.
Would be nice to know the vendor of the kit, if possible, because I have not seen this particular Cigar click type before.

DrD

Ok, looks like it is a Xiamen Rizheng kit; the reason I say is because each component in the Rizheng assembly instruction sheet appears to be an exact match to the components found in the kits. There are absolutely no markings on the packaging, which, by the way looks like some of the older packaging from Smitty's Pen Works - long, narrow zip lock baggie.

As for the tubes, etc., I used only what came with the kit: 2 identical length 10mm brass tubes, the "center band" with the flange filed down. I did not use the 2 center band rings, and I may have made the entire pen too short by the thickness of the 2 rings (0.22")- BUT the pen extends and retracts just as it should (it fully retracts within the nib, thus not leaking in one's shirt pocket).

I will say the click mechanism works, but it appears to be, feel, and sound rather bush league. I hope I didn't pay too much for these kits. HaHa!

magpens

Thanks, Don. . As I recall, the Rizheng website, based on past experience, is hard to access (maybe hard is an understatement, but I don't want to say impossible) unless you have an account with them. . So I won't even try.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like what you guys are exploring! Please continue, this is very appreciated. I hope to contribute, but the next 6 months+ will be a kangroo-race for me... :eek:🦘 (wanted to say horse-race, but couldn't find a horse imogi... I need a 20'ish tutor...). Nice discussion. 👍👍

Top Bottom