Homebrew Alumilite game call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

armyturner

I cast my first alumilite this weekend. So far I have only used PR, but it is too brittle for calls. Here is the result. I used green and gold pearl-ex powders. It is a coyote call that imitates a rabbit in distress.

2008127205034_calls%20091.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Looks great. Perfect for color for spring. Now just switch the colors of the pearl-ex to have calls for each season - time of year, that is (as opposed to type of critter) ;)

laspringer

Jeremy,
I also have found that the PR is very brittle for any type
of game call. What is your take on the alumilite for game calls?
You did a fine job on the color of the call, keep up the good work
on the coyote calls.

Alan

armyturner

Alan,

I reluctantly decided to do some testing with this call prior to trying to sell any. I dropped the call on the concrete several times from about 7 feet, tossed it, and threw it extremly hard all without a single chip. I made sure that the edges hit the concrete and all that happened were a couple of small indentions when I threw it the hardest. I think it is going to work just fine.

jwoodwright

Nice game call. Like the colors. The coyotes and wolves are in control and there arn't any stray cats or dogs. Tough Winter in Alaska. I've seen many Foxes, one had a bird in it's mouth.

ElMostro

Jeremy, nice call and nice color combination..
Yep, I know what you mean about the Alumilite being tough. First money blanks I made I through them around a bit just to see how hard they were and other than some small dents on the edges the it never cracked or broke.

Top Bottom