Home Grown Ordinance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

OK it's done, Just finished up this cannon, gonna blow it off for the first time at the next Bubbasville meeting on March 20th. I was going to build a one to shoot golf balls next but I may have to reconsider and build something larger. Ma-bee a nice bowling ball cannon :biggrin:

1_cannon_x4.jpg

1_cannon_x6.jpg

1_cannon_x3.jpg

1_cannon_x2.jpg

1_cannon_x1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The cannon is roughly 1/4 scale (22" barrel length) , the ink refill can go in the business end (as a projectile of course) and the bore is .800 thousands. Powder charge for blank firing is 1/2 ounce FFG black powder

PapaTim

That's really neat, and it looks great.
I guess that's not a hobby for someone that's always "shooting their mouth off". :eek:

jthompson1995

We got to try out Jim's BOOB BOOM at Bubbasville East yesterday. Jim asked me to post these videos of his new "toy" in action. Click on the images to see the videos in photobucket. Make sure to listen for the echo in each of these.

For the first video the camera was sitting on a box to the side of the cannon, we realized afterward that was not stable enough. That's Jim lighting it off.

I was given the honor of lighting this one off.

These shots were with about 240 grains of black powder with no wad or projectile. We shot more later with paper towel and they got really loud.

Top Bottom