Homage to jttheckockman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

John has showed this design a few times and I have always admired it. This, in no way, is my design, all the design credit goes to John. John, I hope you don't mind me showing this one. The blank was totally created with my table saw. I know John's blank creation method is different, but I think my method works just as well. The woods used are maple and redheart
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I absolutely love it but then again I am a bit biased You guys are giving me way too much credit for some of these pens you are making. I am sure when I made the pen it was done by someone before me. Now my method may have been different as is yours but that is the fun part about taking an idea and expanding on it. Make it your own and you did just that. Your jig must be well tuned because these are coming out well. I love the color combination and not an easy one to finish but you did it proud. Please continue doing segmented work because you are a natural at it and the designs are great to look at. Thanks for showing and the prop.

Now speaking of props you got me scratching my head on that first photo. It looks like an optical illusion. How is that pen supported and what is the prop?

KenB259

I absolutely love it but then again I am a bit biased You guys are giving me way too much credit for some of these pens you are making. I am sure when I made the pen it was done by someone before me. Now my method may have been different as is yours but that is the fun part about taking an idea and expanding on it. Make it your own and you did just that. Your jig must be well tuned because these are coming out well. I love the color combination and not an easy one to finish but you did it proud. Please continue doing segmented work because you are a natural at it and the designs are great to look at. Thanks for showing and the prop.

Now speaking of props you got me scratching my head on that first photo. It looks like an optical illusion. How is that pen supported and what is the prop?

Thank you John for the kind words. The pen is simply leaning against the rock. I believe it is called a geode, don't hold me to that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom