Historic wood score.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gregf

The village I live near has a historic opera house that has been allowed to deteriorate to the point of the roof about to collapse due to a beam failure. Luckily a group was formed to try to save the building. A company was hired to stabilize the roof. I saw on their Facebook page that the failed beam was being removed and debris being cleared to erect a supporting structure. When I asked what was being done with the wood they said it was in a dumpster. I hot footed it for some dumpster diving. Luckily the beams were already cut into manageable pieces. I think I have enough for a blank or two. Of course, I now need a laser engraver for the pens. (On order) The members of the committee will be gifted with pens.
D54A8272-DCF7-4F6C-8BFD-438889F499DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

The village I live near has a historic opera house that has been allowed to deteriorate to the point of the roof about to collapse due to a beam failure. Luckily a group was formed to try to save the building. A company was hired to stabilize the roof. I saw on their Facebook page that the failed beam was being removed and debris being cleared to erect a supporting structure. When I asked what was being done with the wood they said it was in a dumpster. I hot footed it for some dumpster diving. Luckily the beams were already cut into manageable pieces. I think I have enough for a blank or two. Of course, I now need a laser engraver for the pens. (On order) The members of the committee will be gifted with pens.View attachment 296173
Great find - wonderful tribute you are creating for the folks who have a passion to restore the building.

magpens

Great find !! . Great story !!

What species of wood .... I would appreciate learning this .... if you know, please. . Thanks !

TDahl

It is always great hearing how materials used in pens actually have some history and sentiment. I'm sure the pens will be much appreciated.

PatrickR

Nice! It's always great to save old growth wood. Southern yellow pine and Douglas fir were commonly used. The board far right looks different, possibly figured?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FormSystem

Forms Robot
Username: SpinRight
Name: jeff
eMail Address: sparks@ts4b.com

Puzzle Number 14
Puzzle Answer Test Answer

Top Bottom