Hi! New member from Columbus, Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Welcome from Georgia ! Being from Ohio, maybe you can answer this for me. Why is the airport for Cincinnati Ohio in Kentucky ?
I've always wondered about that.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Georgia ! Being from Ohio, maybe you can answer this for me. Why is the airport for Cincinnati Ohio in Kentucky ?
Welcome to the forum.
The answer goes back over seventy years. At that time, some politically-savvy Northern Kentuckians stole the region's airport "out from under the noses of some sleepy Ohio politicians and voters". They didn't need two facilities and nobody in Ohio (today) wants to be on the landing path for a 747. Anyhow, Covington used to have a rep of being a rather large brothel. They needed some civilization. 😀

BULLWINKLE

The answer goes back over seventy years. At that time, some politically-savvy Northern Kentuckians stole the region's airport "out from under the noses of some sleepy Ohio politicians and voters". They didn't need two facilities and nobody in Ohio (today) wants to be on the landing path for a 747. Anyhow, Covington used to have a rep of being a rather large brothel. They needed some civilization. 😀
Harlan Kentucky had a reputation for moonshine. Maybe still does.

Woodchipper

Welcome from a former Buckeye who lived in the Columbus area for several years.
Bullwinkle, I lived in KY for eight years; five in central KY. Wacky bakky was the #1 crop. More profitable than 'shine and easier to transport.

MyersJster

Welcome to the forum.
Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati are part of the same economic zone, for lack of a better term. That bit of Kentucky operates much like a suburb of Cincinnati as they are closely linked. The they even share a convention center. Most people from Ohio probably wouldn't know that. I just happened to be part of a planning team many years ago that did an annual event there.

MyersJster

This is a far better explanation than I gave. But most people probably don't know the story behind the "Florence Y'all" water tower. I do. LOL

BULLWINKLE

Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati are part of the same economic zone, for lack of a better term. That bit of Kentucky operates much like a suburb of Cincinnati as they are closely linked. The they even share a convention center. Most people from Ohio probably wouldn't know that. I just happened to be part of a planning team many years ago that did an annual event there.
When I was flying into Cincinnati and pilot announced we were landing in Kentucky I thought I was on the wrong flight.

Top Bottom