Hi. New lady woodturner from the UK.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi everyone,:)

I thought I'd introduce myself before I start posting questions etc.

I started having lessons in wood turning a few months ago, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought a shed and lathe. ( it's my woman's cave and a place to hide from my three young kids when they're playing up lol! )

I've had a go at turning a goblet, lamp, bowls and now some pens.

I'll post some pics of the pens (I've only made four) later.

Are there many female woodturners about as it seems to be a male dominated craft, especially in my area.( South Wales. UK )

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Welcome from Arkansas.

To answer your question about the lady's there are several that frequent the forum. Michelle, aka ladycopp. Sharon and a young lady from Israel not sure of their aka's but they are around alot.

Charlie_W

Welcome from Virginia!

Our woodturning club of about 115 members have over a dozen ladies who are turners. Some are casual turners while others sell at craft shows regularly.
A couple have their work in multiple galleries!

jttheclockman

I will also like to welcome you and hope you stick around here for awhile. Jump in when you can and we like photos. There are women here. some jump in all the time and some just lurk. I do hope you update your profile with a name and a where you are from. It helps when we answer questions. Like talking to a live person. Good luck and have some fun here. :)

jpford

Welcome from Pennsylvania! My father-in-law lived in S. Wales for many years... lovely place close to my heart. You'll find the folks here are pretty great when it comes to advice and responsiveness.

Joel

silverfox54

Hi everyone,:)

I thought I'd introduce myself before I start posting questions etc.

I started having lessons in wood turning a few months ago, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought a shed and lathe. ( it's my woman's cave and a place to hide from my three young kids when they're playing up lol! )

I've had a go at turning a goblet, lamp, bowls and now some pens.

I'll post some pics of the pens (I've only made four) later.

Are there many female woodturners about as it seems to be a male dominated craft, especially in my area.( South Wales. UK )

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE]

howsitwork

greetings from north yorkshire. There are some incredible lady turners, several on this site.

In the UK you have Margaret Gerrard, Joely Richardson, Emma Cook ( the tiny turner ) to name but three extremely talented ladies. Ornamental turning society has many , many more

Jans husband

Hi Ruth,
I see that you joined the IAP in 2016
I assume that you have been watching from the sidelines since then!
If so its nice to have you back.
I am not a prolific poster, but check in every day, and I assume that there are many like us.
Mike

jttheclockman

You do know you are welcoming someone who was last seen on this site May 2016. Another one of those who never stayed on board. Must of got boarded with turning.

Jans husband

You do know you are welcoming someone who was last seen on this site May 2016. Another one of those who never stayed on board. Must of got boarded with turning.
Are you having a go at Ruth?
If so WHY?
As I explained above I don't post very often, but check in every day and contribute when I have something useful or helpful to say, given my limited ability and turning experience. However I do learn a lot and benefit greatly from the experiences and expertise of others
The same may apply to Ruth. YOU DONT KNOW!!!
By the way it is spelt 'bored"
Mike

Fred Bruche

If so WHY?
As I explained above I don't post very often, but check in every day and contribute when I have something useful or helpful to say, given my limited ability and turning experience. However I do learn a lot and benefit greatly from the experiences and expertise of others
Mike

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 5.24.24 PM.png

jttheclockman

If so WHY?
Mike
Easy does it. As Fred pointed out it is very easy to check when someone has visited or not and his screen shot says she has not been here since May10 2016. So I guess she got BORED. Or maybe found the UK Penturning site. When an old post gets reopened I find myself checking dates because many times the OP will never see the postings to them. Jeff has implemented a program that sort of puts a warning at the bottom of the thread stating that it is an old thread and I am guessing that goes away after one person makes a reply in it. I am not sure how it works. Just trying to be helpful. Now there can be an acceptation to this if she or anyone else checks in as a visitor, but then you are not privy to all aspects of the site so not sure why you want to do that.

Top Bottom