hi from south aus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crispy

Gday all just thought i would introduce myself ,i live in adelaide south australia and have been turning for a coupl of years have had a break and sold my big lathe as injury meant i couldnt stand for long periods ,all ok now and will get back into pens again as this is where i started ,unfortuntely pen turning is not as big here as it is in your country and it seems people do not appreciate the work and craftsmanship that goes in to making them,still it is great to be here and i am sure that i will gain heaps more knowledge from this site now to get all my bits and peices in order again cheers all
crispy:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Chris, form West Kentucky USA. Very glad to hear you are recovering form your problems and have picked up your tools once more. Join in the fun, grab some wood, make some shavings and rejoice.
Charles

robutacion

G'day Chris and welcome to IAP...!

Doesn't seem that you are that far from me (Mt. Compass), and you may be a little, wrong about the interest and people involved with pen turning in this State.

The problem you are having with the ability to charge "decent" prices for your pens, is something that the vast majority of penturners are confronted with, here and all over the world, the high end market for pens in a difficult one to enter but normally, when you're in, you do very well...! Some member here can testify to that...!

Anyway, glad that you are getting back to the sawdust, post pics of your pens, the guys and gals here love pics, in fact, there is a "rule" (sort of...!) that goes like this, "no pics...??? didn't happen...!":wink::biggrin:

If running out of blanks, you're welcome to visit my "lolly-shop":)

Good luck

Cheers
George

crispy

Hi guys thanks for the welcome ,will try to get my gear back into order and get my butt back in the seat to start turning some pens again,once again thanks
crispy

Jgrden

crispy: Funny you should mention a lack of mobility. I am somewhat disabled with a rod up my ankle through my leg to keep it straight and each step invites pain. My wife pushed the issue regarding a electric chair, which manly pride prevents me from using. Well, now I have decided to use the chair. I had a show last weekend which required allot of walking. My choice of shoes, though new, was a poor one and my ankle started to fall out of the shoe. I finally had an epiphany and am getting that chair out of storage and am using it. I have always been afraid to approach people sitting in wheelchairs or other obvious medical affirmatives and must compensate with an aggressive and pleasing personality.
Why am I saying this???? my wish for you is to be active doing something you love to do. Lack of buyers?, only because they do not realize what you have. Take a piece of black velvet and place it in your hand. Put the pen that the observer may be looking at and place it on the black velvet and then explain its history, origin of wood and the time it took to make it. You'll sell the pen.

Top Bottom