Hi! from Skaneateles, New York.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pier2000

It's in the beautiful Finger lakes region of upstate NY. I've been a wood turner off and on for 35 years, and was introduced to pen turning at an AAW meeting in Fort Myers, FL, about 4 years ago. So, now, I turn a lot of pens, probably around 500 now. I prefer exotic woods, some that I have I call "super exotic", because I can't get any more. I have shipped pens as far as Austria, the UK, and Australia. Great to be here with you folks!

Attachments

• blk palm.JPG
    blk palm.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP. I love very rare and hard to get woods as well as some that are not so rare. I am curious though about the species that you consider "super exotic". There are a lot of turners here that have some very old caches of rare and exotic blanks.

Best Regards,
Dave

PS That Black Palm is a very attractive pen.

pier2000

Greetings from Nebraska and welcome to the IAP. I love very rare and hard to get woods as well as some that are not so rare. I am curious though about the species that you consider "super exotic". There are a lot of turners here that have some very old caches of rare and exotic blanks.

Best Regards,
Dave

PS That Black Palm is a very attractive pen.
Hi Dave. What I call "super exotics" include Brazilian Rosewood, (I have a burl) Bois De Rose, Pink Ivory burl, and a few others that I acquired as a collection put together around 1960. One was labeled Yellow Kingwood, which I can find nothing about, but was told it is so rare, the log section that i have belongs in a museum. I was fortunate to find this collection, and it's always a thrill to work with. Glad you like the Black palm. Thanks!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, John.

Could you possibly post a photo of that yellow king wood? I'd love to see it, and I'm sure others would too.

Top Bottom