Hi from selby ,North Yorkshire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tyke121

Hi and thanks for allowing me to join ,Looking forward to joining in and learning new skills ,I've been turning pens about a year now ,Its been a great hobby through lockdown ,Love to make wood pens the best but just bought a pressure pot so will see how that goes .The ones I've seen on this site are amazing and shows how much I can learn, Thanks again
Ian
FB_IMG_1616935616207.jpg
20210328_135518.jpg
20210328_131502.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

PEI is a long way from where I am.

But the world is small. . You married a Canadian girl; I married an Irish lass !! . :D

howsitwork

Ian

welcome from another Ian, just a bit further up the A19 at Thirsk. Nice work.

Bit concerned that you and Mal both decided to emigrate in opposite directions to avoid the mother in laws ?? I just put garlic cloves around the workshop door 😉

Tyke121

Ian

welcome from another Ian, just a bit further up the A19 at Thirsk. Nice work.

Bit concerned that you and Mal both decided to emigrate in opposite directions to avoid the mother in laws ?? I just put garlic cloves around the workshop door 😉
Im a Yorkshire man Ian ,Get the Yearning for Canada but always nice to get back to the county lol ,Love a visit to Thirsk sitting in the square eating them lovely fish and chips

howsitwork

Ah but then you can make the pilgrimage up to Masham to the Black Sheep Brewery ( once the restaurant on site opens up again ) . Allow the good lady to drive , experience the joys of the roads etc, etc . She might even buy you lunch??😉

I'll let you know when the restaurant is open again. Outside beer garden is allowed but again currently not open .

Mind you Canada is a wonderful place with fantastic friendly people and fairly lethal wild life !

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Ohio. Small world... My Nephew's ancestors were among the first to arrive from across the pond to PEI. 1818. Haslam's.

My Nephew (Christopher Gordon Haslam) went to the reunion.

Tyke121

Ah but then you can make the pilgrimage up to Masham to the Black Sheep Brewery ( once the restaurant on site opens up again ) . Allow the good lady to drive , experience the joys of the roads etc, etc . She might even buy you lunch??😉

I'll let you know when the restaurant is open again. Outside beer garden is allowed but again currently not open .

Mind you Canada is a wonderful place with fantastic friendly people and fairly lethal wild life !
It is a lovely place yes but the area around Thirsk is lovely too ,We have a drive around there and go to Byland Abbey ,We fancied the idea of retiring to Thirsk area but can see us going to PEI

Jans husband

It is a small world-
I live only a mile from Austerfield where William Brewster set of with the rest of the passengers (Pilgrims) and crew on the Mayflower which landed at Cape Cod in 1620
We were to have big celebrations last year, with a lot of Americans coming over to visit and trace ancestors, but Covid put paid to that!!

Mike

Top Bottom