Hi from North Pole, Alaska

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

iceworm

I've been turning about a year and a half, and have run across this site several times. Finally decided to join. I recently ran into a batch of loose slimline transmissions and have been trying to find information on how to tighten them up or find new transmissions to replace the bad ones. Anyone else have this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Welcome aboard.

I've had that problem. I put a little bit of CA around the inside of the top tube with a toothpick. I then use accelerator on a Q-tip and run it up in the tube to set the CA. I then clean the inside of the top tube with a Q-tip with DNA on it. I then put the pen together and the CA causes a much tighter fit. If it's to tight I use a small/mini round file to file some away. You usually don't have to use a lot to make it fit good. You've got to make sure the CA is cured/dried or you might glue the transmission in and then you won't be able to get it out. Then when I'm done I store the pen pulled apart over night so the CA can out gas, other wise the gases gven off by the CA may fog your pens parts.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome! I was up in your town a couple of years ago. Stopped by that place between you and Fairbanks that has all those animals made from burls. Took my grandson into the Santa shop in your town too.

Rangertrek

Again, welcome to the group.
I have been to North Pole, Alaska way back when I was a kid. Dad in AF, stationed in Fairbanks.
Still have picture in front of Santa House.
Hope you shop has heat!

Top Bottom