Hi from Chandler, AZ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

soulcutr

I joined not to long ago. I think this is a great sight. Very educational. I hope I will be able to contribute my own ideas and thoughts to the forum. I Just finished prepping my garage/shop for my new tools. I haven't turned since I was in high school 20 and some years ago. People are correct in saying this is an expensive hobby. Already put over $2000 in and haven't even started yet. Still have more to purchase when feasable.Get to assemble my tools this friday. Hopefully I will get a chance to start turning in about a week. (family obligations out of the state for the 4th). I will post pics on my first turns, acomplishments and failures. I hope everyone has a great independence day weekend.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Jeff! Glad to have you here. You are close to some great pen turners, at least in your general area.

As a welcome I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. It will give you some hints on how to spend more money! :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Rollerbob

Welcome from Texas. Good part about buying on this forum is your money stays in the family, well thats what they tell me!!

PenWorks

Hi Jeff, welcome from Cave Creek, AZ :cool:
You have some members here pretty close to you in Gilbert, Mike & Kevin.
Look ofrward to seeing you around.

jclark58

Jeff, Welcome from a fellow turner in Mesa.

I highly recommend a visit to the Arizona Woodturners Association (full disclosure: I'm the VP of the AWA but I'd recommend a visit even if I wasn't)

Jason

Top Bottom