Hi from Australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JustLookin'

Hi all!
First off, it's great to find somewhere with such great information. We have learnt a lot just through reading the forum :)

We are quite new to pen turning, although we don't specifically turns pens as such. We make diamond painting stylus', so the hole doesn't go through the middle, just a half inch or so at each end, then it's TBC.
We have been looking at perhaps adding the brass tube to the middle with labels around them, but are not sure where the best place to buy these tubes would be.
The measurements of the heads we use are between 5.1mm and 5.4mm. Any suggestions where we might be able to get tubing to suit? We'd need longer tubing, as it would be going the full length, which is roughly 4.3" to 5"

Lynne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi all!
First off, it's great to find somewhere with such great information. We have learnt a lot just through reading the forum :)

We are quite new to pen turning, although we don't specifically turns pens as such. We make diamond painting stylus', so the hole doesn't go through the middle, just a half inch or so at each end, then it's TBC.
We have been looking at perhaps adding the brass tube to the middle with labels around them, but are not sure where the best place to buy these tubes would be.
The measurements of the heads we use are between 5.1mm and 5.4mm. Any suggestions where we might be able to get tubing to suit? We'd need longer tubing, as it would be going the full length, which is roughly 4.3" to 5"

Lynne
G'day Lynne,

You keep saying, we, we, we so, how many of you are doing that work?, if you don't mind answering...!

I use these people here in Australia to resolve/supply any and all of my tubbing needs, they are great to deal with and if they don't have it, you may not be able to find it anywhere else.

Best of luck,

Cheers
George

JustLookin'

Hi George,
Technically it's myself and hubby. I cast, he turns, but I have tried turning myself. Also our 21 yr old son turns when he feels like it, so kind of a family affair :)
Cheers for the link. I'll go have a look

Lynne

Alan Morrison

G'Day Lynne, and how are ya going
This is the best place to be to get questions answered and to make friends.
A friendly bunch here
Alan

magpens

Hi Lynne !! . Welcome to IAP !! . Lived 12 yrs in Adelaide and loved every minute of it!

Gary H

G'day from Sydney, Oz

bestbuy_oz are on Ebay.au and sell brass tubing with inside walls of 3,5,6 and 8mm in various lengths. Good people to deal with. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Gary H

Top Bottom