Hi From a newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scjohnson243

Good Afternoon everyone! I am a new guy just getting into woodturning - I have recently bought a house in Cedarville, Arkansas and have started outfitting my shop, which is fun and scary all to itself! :)

Do any of your members live around the Fort Smith Area? I would love to meet a few people involved in penturning and possibly buy a lesson or two to begin with to start learning the correct techniques... I hope to make a few meetings of the group!

Thanks everyone ahead of time!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Welcome from Little Rock!

We have a meeting every 3 months here in central Arkansas. The next one will probably be in Greenbriar in August. Hope you can make it.

BJohn

Welcome aboard from central Arkansas there are numerous guy's from Arkansas around the forum. I personally don't know of any that far out. Your profile shows Ft. Smith. Not sure were Cedarville is.

But anyhow the closest turner I personally know is in Conway.

Saying that I do believe you will get someone from that area that maybe able to help. There are several from here in Cabot and Little Rock that frequent the forum.

scjohnson243

Thanks Everyone for the welcome!

Cedarville is just north of Fort Smith (But most people have not heard of Cedarville)..

I just ordered a starter Kit for my lathe from Penn State yesterday, cant wait to get it in and get started, been watching a bunch of youtube videos. :)

Hope to meet some of you guys soon!

TDE

Hey Steven, Hope you can make the next meeting. Wish you were closer. There are surely some turners from that side of the state. Lots of great turners on this site and in our central Arkansas group. Welcome aboard.
Ted:)

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Steven,
I happen to know right where Cedarville is! :) Been through there many times on the way to Siloam Springs. Hope you can make the Arkansas meeting in August.

Top Bottom