Hi everyone from Colorado

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Russell, too IAP. Join in the fun here.

Here is a good link from people who had some experience under their belts and then in retrospect wish they had known earlier:

rkpljr

Fello woodturners, I dont know if I'm in the right place or not, but I have a celtic pen from Penn state, but I destroyed the first acrylic blank along with the brass tube. I found another 3/8 tube, but instructions say the tube is 2.9?in. the one I found is about 2.35 in + or -. does anyone know how long the brass tube is in a celtic pen kit. Sorta lost here. Thanks

showfire

Posting in the incorrect place and taking over a thread, both no no's online.

But if the tube is shorter than the instructions say why not buy a longer section of tube and cut to size or look for replacement tubes from the place you got your kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Xel

Posting in the incorrect place and taking over a thread, both no no's online.
Not seeing how it's possible to "take over" your own welcome thread. He should be able to direct that as he wishes, including asking questions.

Op: welcome to IAP. I'm down in Longmont. :) Assuming you're talking about the single barrel - the Celtic Twist brass tube length is 2.94". You can find that information on the Bushings and Tube Reference App which seems to be pretty regularly updated. It's an invaluable resource.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Fello woodturners, I dont know if I'm in the right place or not, but I have a celtic pen from Penn state, but I destroyed the first acrylic blank along with the brass tube. I found another 3/8 tube, but instructions say the tube is 2.9?in. the one I found is about 2.35 in + or -. does anyone know how long the brass tube is in a celtic pen kit. Sorta lost here. Thanks
People here are friendly and at times posts within a thread get side tracked on occasion. Being a friendly forum - it happens. However, when a thread changes major course such as from Introductions to a technical pen question, you might not get the response needed simply because others are not checking on it. No harm done but you generally may not get many answers. IN your case, if you want, you can re-post the same question here: https://www.penturners.org/forums/penturning.14/

Go up to "Forums" and click on that; scroll down to the second blue section and choose the forum, in this case "pen turning" for general questions. Hope this helps. Enjoy the forum.

Top Bottom