Hi all from Alabama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hannersc

I have been turning pen for a little more than a year.
Most of my kits come from PSI, I will welcome any
sugestions on other places to get kits.
Hope to learn lots from the IAP and thanks for having me.

Greg:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Welcome to the group Greg . This place is a virtual fountain of knowledge . Check out the Classifieds pages there are several guys here that sell great kits and blanks and ...

jedgerton

C'mon, shouldn't your title read "Hi y'all from Alabama". I'm from SC and the correct form would certainly include Y'all :)

John

Fred

Finally, a new member from my home state! :bananen_smilies051:

Welcome, Greg, to the Forum! Very glad to have you sign on with the rest of us.

Remember that all us'ens is ready and willing to help with anything we'uns can. Now, git'er done, boy! :bananen_smilies046:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Greg, from a neighbor in MS. Only I am in Japan for a while. "Y'all" communicates with me too! :biggrin:

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over some of the aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not a detail of each part, but a good overview for pen turning. Since you have been turning for a year, you already know most of it, if not all, but I am including this a part of IAP's welcome to you.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a recent post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

NascarBowl

Welcome Greg. What part of Alabama? Are you close to Georgia? There is a Southeast Chapter meeting in Roswell (North of Atlanta) at the Woodcraft store on June 20th. If you can make it, you are most welcome to come.

THarvey

Greg,

Welcome. Shoot me a PM. Maybe we can get together some time.

We cannot be too far away from each other. Anniston is not that big. :laugh:

I live in Golden Springs.

Tim

Last edited:

hannersc

Welcome Greg. What part of Alabama? Are you close to Georgia? There is a Southeast Chapter meeting in Roswell (North of Atlanta) at the Woodcraft store on June 20th. If you can make it, you are most welcome to come.

Anniston, and thanks for the invite but as always work calls, work,work,work never stops

Greg

Top Bottom