HF Pressure Pot Fittings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Coupeflyer

I'm about to get a HF pressure pot. What do I need to purchase (aside from an air compressor) to get it ready for use. I believe it comes with a pressure gauge but I'm not sure about other fittings that will be required. Any suggestions for getting it set up would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Murrell

OOPS

The best advice I could give you would be to go to the IAP Library and read the article on setting up the HP pressure pot. This article shows that some of the parts that come with the pot should be removed and replaced with more robust parts--it also reduces the likelihood of air leaks, or so I have been told. Before doing all of this, I would decide what you will be using for resin. Alumilite needs only about 45 lbs. of pressure whereas some of the other products need more pressure in order to be most effective. If, for instance, you only want to use Alumilite, then I would air the new HF pressure pot to 45 and watch it over a period of time to see if there are any leaks. No leaks? No need to re-engineer the pot with better fittings, etc. At the end of the article there is a list of parts used to modify the stock HF pot. I would consider it essential reading before spending money on a pot and upgraded fittings.

Top Bottom