HF bandsaw riser block kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

I have the HF 14" bandsaw. It's a actually a pretty good saw, but I need the riser block kit for it. I kept putting it off and putting it off, until I recently ordered it. Initially it went on back order, then I received notice that they don't make the riser block kit for that saw anymore!!! So, I am wondering if there is anyone out there with the riser block for the HF Central Machinery 14" 4 speed 1HP bandsaw? Help!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Having just got mine a few months ago, I thought you had to be mistaken, but by golly it looks like you're correct, Dave. I just checked their web site and it is no longer listed. [:(!] That's too bad. It's a great add on that turns a decent saw into a very good saw. JMO

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I sprung for the riser block when I got that same saw.
Have you checked with the local store, if they stock it in store there have been a number of times that the local store will have it even though the online store says they are out.

DocStram

I have the riser block for my HF BS. I bought the bandsaw at the local HF store and then called the HF 800 number and ordered it over the phone. The directions for putting the riser block in are a little easier to follow than those incredibly outrageous, incoherent instructions for putting the actual BS together. (In which some of the photographs are actually backwards)

The riser block makes all the difference in the world.

By the way, if you call HF's tech support they will fax a complete set of semi-coherent directions for assembling the BS.

its_virgil

When I was shopping for a bandsaw in 2004 I looked at all of them I could find..Don't remember all of the brands, but I looked at all of the popular woodworking stores and the home center box stores and it seemed to me that the castings for all of these saws were the same. It may be that another brand of saw's riser block may fit the HF saw. It will be a big hassel to check them all out but I really love my HF saw with the riser block. Good luck.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />I have the HF 14" bandsaw. It's a actually a pretty good saw, but I need the riser block kit for it. I kept putting it off and putting it off, until I recently ordered it. Initially it went on back order, then I received notice that they don't make the riser block kit for that saw anymore!!! So, I am wondering if there is anyone out there with the riser block for the HF Central Machinery 14" 4 speed 1HP bandsaw? Help!!

DocStram

Dave .... just a little more info on my Central Machinery BS with Riser Block from HF.

It's been about a year but if I remember correctly ... I was deadset on getting a bandsaw that had a riser block. Before I went to my HF I checked their website and couldn't find one. I then called their toll free number and asked. They did indeed have the riser block. As I said earlier, I have one right there on my BS.

The Central Machinery BS is not made in MainLand China. It's from Taiwan, where many brand name bandsaws are manufactured. Just call HF and check.

TomServo

I wonder if one of the Grizzly riser blocks would fit? You might call grizzly and ask.. I've heard they are very knowledgeable about their equipment and parts.

Woodnknots

I appreciate everyone telling me how WONDERFUL their HF BS is with the riser block installed!! That helps me TREMENDOUSLY! (lol) Fact is, I ordered the riser block and they sent me a nice card that says they can't get it anymore because the manufacturer stopped producing it. My local HF store does not have one, I checked them when I bought the saw.
Since we have such a LARGE network of such great people, would anyone be willing to go to their local HF for me and find out if they have it? I would be willing to Paypal anyone the funds for the kit and shipping. A little more for their trouble, if necessary.

TomServo

Dave: you should see if someone can take a picture of it, and compare it with grizzly's - they're probably the same saw, given the similarities between many other grizzly/HF machines

Dario

It's been almost 2 years now but I read one member from woodworking.com (I am almost postive it is Limey) who installed a riser on his bandsaw using a kit from another maker and it worked.

I'd 2nd and say, look at the Grizzly riser kit and see if it will work.

alamocdc

Dave, I just checked out what Grizzly shows for their riser and it looks exacly like the parts I got with mine. Not positive about the pin placement, but it looks right. Worse case scenario, a little help from a local maching shop to get them right if they aren't. Still worth it IMO.

DocStram

Dave,
OK, I promise not to mention how much I like my HF bandsaw w/ the riser block.
There's an HF right close to me. They definitely do not have riser blocks in their store. I already checked.
Sorry.

Woodnknots

Thanks again. I found a site about a guy with a HF BS and he used the Grizzly riser kit. However, the rod that came with the kit was too big, the blade guard wouldn't fit, and the riser block needed modifications. I guess I'll just make sure that I buy a saw WITH a riser block kit in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom