Hey there from Kremmling, Colorado!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey all,

I'm Kris, 49, and I've been turning pens as a hobby for about 10 years. I started off with highly figured wood pens sanded to 12,000 grit and finished with friction polish and various fittings. Now I'm advancing to making pens with resin inlays, as well as, hybrids made from resin and burls, then sealed and finished with cyanoacrylate.

I joined IAP to learn new techniques, old techniques, common techniques and to meet others bitten by the woodturning bug.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DavidD

Hey all,

I'm Kris, 49, and I've been turning pens as a hobby for about 10 years. I started off with highly figured wood pens sanded to 12,000 grit and finished with friction polish and various fittings. Now I'm advancing to making pens with resin inlays, as well as, hybrids made from resin and burls, then sealed and finished with cyanoacrylate.

I joined IAP to learn new techniques, old techniques, common techniques and to meet others bitten by the woodturning bug.

Thanks!

Welcome, Kris!

Nice to see another CO turner. I split my time between Steamboat and Boulder, so I know Kremmling well!

David

jwtrumbo

Welcome Kris, I miss my mountains I was born and raised in Colorado. I use to hunt near Kremmling (Williams Peak) with my brother years ago before he moved away. Loved that area. We had to move to Massachusetts due to a job change three year ago.

James

Thanks David,

Sorry I haven't responded before now. We have been evacuees from the Silver Creek Fire twice now. But we've had a lot of rain over the last week and its been snowing since last night. So, they may get that fire out after all. I am more than ready to start meeting people on here and get more involved with the pen turning community as a whole. As well as getting back to turning.

Kris

Thank you!

Would have posted sooner but we've been dealing with a wildfire around here since mid July, so I've been a bit pre-occupied. Its under control now, so its time to get back on the lathe and turn some more pens.

Kris

Thank you!

Would have posted sooner but we've been dealing with a wildfire around here since mid July, so I've been a bit pre-occupied. Its under control now, so its time to get back on the lathe and turn some more pens.

Thanks James!

I actually lived in NH before I moved here 27 years ago. I wouldn't trade where I live for anything, even with the wildfire we've been dealing with. I'm happy to be back on this site and on my lathe.

Kris

Top Bottom