Hey Guys...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Welcome Lee!

Lets just go ahead and use this topic to discuss the Featured Pen Contest. Jeff keeps a good archive of the Featured Pens at http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28297 and at http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28678 . Of course these are just the first two quarters of the year. I'm sure the rest of them will be available soon.

I suggest you start this as soon as we open up the Birthday Bash on January 1st. Give them the links to the Featured Pen archives, and ask them to choose their top three, in no particular order. Leave it open, say, through the 25th and tabulate the votes. We can give a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to the makers of the pens with the most votes, and we can do a random drawing from among those voting for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd as well. What do you think?

Jump in everybody!

Scott.

Scott

BTW Lee, you need to know that you don't have to give any credence to my suggestions! They are merely suggestions. I really would prefer that you put your own stamp on this contest! [8D]

And please take a look at the other current topics here. Feel free to jump in with suggested Trivia questions, and pitch in any suggestions on the other contests.

Scott.

Firefyter-emt

Thanks Scott, I will work on it a bit this weekend. Should I set up an e-mail account on my web host just for this?? That way they all come to me at the same place? "Triva@ThomasvillePencrafters.com" could be set up just for this.

Firefyter-emt

Scott, what I am thinking about doing is creating a web page with an e-mail link. Place all the photos on the page (without penmaker?) and then have a e-mail link on the bottom to use to vote. This waay they can see all the pens and unless they want to research it, they will not know who made it. Assign a letter to each pen and have them vote for thier top 3 pens and tally them at the end. Sound good??

Scott

Hi Lee,

I think that sounds perfect! If you want to just start designing the web page, and maybe even capturing the pictures and setting them up, that would be great! Thanks for doing this!

Scott.

Firefyter-emt

Yep, I grabbed all the ones posted, just need the rest. It's gonna be big, I already have 33 photos that have been saved with a number as the name. I will upload them to my server so you can see who made it.

Just curious, should be "lock" the archives until it's over so no one can look to see who made what?

fiferb

I don't think locking the archives is a good idea. There may be trivia questions happening at the same time that may require research. Just a thought.

Scott

No, I think if people want to look up who made what, let them! Having a Featured Pen is a good thing! Lets keep promoting it.

Scott.

Top Bottom