Herschel Sibley has passed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

We lost a great man today, Herschel Sibley aka (redbulldog) has gone to be with the Lord today. Below is the posting from his family on his Facebook page. Not many may remember him but i do, and the one thing that stood out the most in him was his love for Jesus and also the emptiness in his heart from losing his wife a short time ago. He was a great man and what a pleasure it was to have had the opportunity to get to know him in such a short period of time.

Facebook: here is the link in case there are those that cant view it. Below are his families words.

Thank you all for your prayers for my father. He went home to be with his heavenly father this morning. He will be missed by his 6 children and his many grand-children and great-children. I know he missed my mother so very much and talked of her often. This came as a shock to all of us. He enjoyed sharing in all your lives so thank you all for sharing in his.

1002091_342810455847206_708926917_n.jpg

You will be greatly missed buddy! Until we meet again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. I just made some tools for him and I had no idea he was sick.

Due to a misunderstanding he overpaid me $44 and instead of a refund he told me to keep it as he was planning to buy more in the future. I would like to donate the $44 is his name to his favorite charity or to his church, if anyone who knew him could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

paintspill

it never ceases to amaze me the brotherhood (and sister hood) that the IAP has created. we speak so stongly and proudly of people that we may have never even met. i sit at work with tears in my eyes. reading these words. i hope there is a wood shop in heaven so i can meet some of these people some day.

seamus7227

Rick the link to facebook will have some of his family members on there whom you could reach out to. I will see if there is a way to donate that money and post it back on this thread for anyone interested.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"Red" Sibley was always a treasure to speak with.

After his wife died, he seemed to lose interest in life---now he is at peace. My sympathies to the family!!

Ed

seamus7227

Here is some correspondence from Herschel's daughter in regards to donations.

We are a small church and do not have anything set up at this time. Any donations can be mailed to:
Elkhorn Valley Assembly of God
P.O. Box 42
West Point, NE 68788

My husband is the pastor and we would love to get something set up so that donations can be given on our website but that has not happened as yet.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Very sorry to hear about Red. He was an IAP old-timer for sure, having been with us since 2004. I had several nice conversations with him over the years, and he was a genuinely nice man. Like all of our departed friends, we are a better place for having the privilege of his presence.

Top Bottom