Herons, and Spoonbills, and Ducks - Oh My!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Just like previous years, I visited my parents in Florida over the holidays, and again went out to the local wetlands. Here are some snapshots of the wildlife we saw.

To begin with, some Great Blue Herons:

3J7A7099.jpg
IMG_6458.jpg
IMG_6279.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Although some birds are prettier than others all the pictures are awesome. Thanks Again for sharing. It still amazes me that when you see wildlife out and about you can't see the true beauty like you can when you get a real close up look. Just to add a note I was in Houston TX. visiting my son and I saw an Osprey in a pool of water by the interstate and a crossroad in town. Not downtown but still lots of traffic and retail stores. I guess he found some easy prey in the shallow water. I didn't know they ever came this far south so I Googled it and it said in the late fall and winter some migrate down to avoid the frozen water. Anyway Thanks Again

Sylvanite

For the Gator fans:

IMG_6667.jpg
IMG_7020.jpg

As I rounded a corner, I heard people talking about an island that was moving. Then I saw this guy climb out of the water onto the bank (with the grassy knoll still on his back). I think it was the biggest alligator I've ever seen.

IMG_6304.jpg

Scott

I do love seeing your photos Eric! And I appreciate what it took to get these shots! I have been advancing with my photography the last couple of years, particularly this past year. Then at the end of the year my Wife and I switched to mirrorless. So far so good, although researching and collecting new glass is a pain! Anyway, thanks for these wonderful images!

scott.

Top Bottom