heres a thought

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

J pendragon

heres an idea for you. i have found that if you reverse the side of the spring on a pen you can not only have it loaded withought a back but it will also have some leeway.

all thoughts and coments are apreasheated.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Being a "window licker" on the short school bus, I need a little more information to understand this post. WHICH PEN AND WHICH REFILL?

J pendragon

think of a standered pen. the spring puls the reafil back and the clicker pushes it forward. but if you can put the spring on the other side you can have a pen with leeway. it works for wood and probibily other pens to!
DEN-Small.jpg

Mark

If you reverse the spring you are then relying on that spring to pull the tip back into the pen, instead of pushing it back in. Correct? I'm thinking you would need to anchor it inside the lower body (somehow).

Sorry, maybe I'm missing the point. Please explain it farther..

PenMan1

think of a standered pen. the spring puls the reafil back and the clicker pushes it forward. but if you can put the spring on the other side you can have a pen with leeway. it works for wood and probibily other pens to!
DEN-Small.jpg

Aaah...Grasshopper, you speak of the clicky pen. Now I understand!

renowb

Man this is getting confusing, any pictures to help us old guys out here?:eek:

feron

<turns head one way>
<turns head other way>

So you put things in backwards and...?
Don't have to turn it?

Fred

IF you are having trouble with ANY spring falling out ... SIMPLY use a pair of needle nosed pliers and pull the end of the fat end outward just enough that it will 'catch' when inserted into the brass tube. It is like you are trying to unwind the very end coil of the spring. Putting the spring onto a nail will be a great help when trying to 'unwind' the fat end and a dowel will help to push the spring down into the tube.

BTW, there is a reason that springs are inserted as per the directions. Just wait until you try to get the refill out IF AND WHEN the refill tube gets caught by a spring that has been inserted upside down from what the instructions stated!

Another thing, DON"T EVER REMOVE THAT BLASTED LITTLE PLUG in the end of some refills either, DAMKIK! :eek:

Fred

IF you are having trouble with ANY spring falling out ... SIMPLY use a pair of needle nosed pliers and pull the end of the fat end outward just enough that it will 'catch' when inserted into the brass tube. It is like you are trying to unwind the very end coil of the spring.

BTW, there is a reason that springs are inserted as per the directions. Just wait until you try to get the refil out IF AND WHEN the refill tube gets caught by a spring that has been inserted upside down from what the instructions state!

Another thing, DON"T EVER REMOVE THAT BLASTED LITTLE PLUG in the end of some refills either, DAMKIK!

ldb2000

Basically he is making a rollerball from one of those cheap advertising click pens . The spring is going in at the end of the refill just like the little spring at the tail of a rollerball kit .

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
J, I think you need to consider reporting this in another IAP Forum like Advanced Penmaking or like that. This "Introduction" forum is more for new people to IAP to introduce themselves and such.

The other thing is, it would help if you would post photos or drawings to explain what your saying and use more detail - what type of pen are you talking about, what is your goal with this new idea you're talking about.

You've mentioned this idea before and I still don't quite understand your point. Can you help those of us more challenged to understand? :confused:
(And yes, Butch, I did read your explanation. But I'm not sure that is exactly what he's talking about.

Last edited:

ldb2000

The picture he shows in post #19 does seem to explain it even if he is having trouble with the terms and explanation . Also you are right this would be better off in another forum but he just don't understand the forum structure here yet , give him time .

J pendragon

J,
The other thing is, it would help if you would post photos or drawings to explain what your saying and use more detail - what type of pen are you talking about, what is your goal with this new idea you're talking about.

You've mentioned this idea before and I still don't quite understand your point. Can you help those of us more challenged to understand? :confused:
(And yes, Butch, I did read your explanation. But I'm not sure that is exactly what he's talking about.

Sorry about all of the confusion.:biggrin: Ill try to get some schematics in a few days.

J pendragon

How do you make the refill extend and retract?

The refill is always sticking out, BUT with the position of the spring it can move up and down when heavy pressure is applied. This allows a smooth writing pen. "For this pen u will need a cap"

J pendragon

by the way the spring may be on the opsite sid but the rest of the pen is like anny other:biggrin:

Top Bottom