Here we go!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Thank you all for being here! Each year I do the BASH it gets a little easier because the dedicated members who volunteered to be in this group keep coming back for more! If it wasn't for you guys this would truly be a nightmare to coordinate.

The structure of the BASH will remain basically the same as last year. There are some changes that came about due to the input of the members. The items addressed by the members, and the effect they have on the BASH are:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/structure-bash-please-read-vote-108314/
Each event will have it's own forum (same as last year)

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/should-iap-activities-sponsored-venders-please-read-vote-108497/
Sponsorship will continue

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/birthday-bash-calender-108420/
There will be an up-to-date, easy to find, calendar of events for the members to reference before and during the BASH. There was a calander last year, but many members were not aware of it or couldn't find it. Maybe a Google calendar would work. I need someone to take care of the calendar.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/how-should-iap-contests-judged-please-read-vote-108382/
The winners of all contests, except those that have winners determined by a drawing or submission of a correct answer, will be determined by membership vote. Judges can be used to narrow the field of entries to a reasonable number, but the final winners will be determined by the membership through voting.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/new-poll-when-should-photos-contest-entries-posted-108766/
Contest photos will be hidden from public view until all photos can be displayed at the same time.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f70/contest-skill-levels-please-read-vote-108285/
Members will "self-assess" themselves as beginner, intermediate or advanced when determining what contests to enter.

Prize Distribution.....

After many years of coordinating the distribution of prizes Ed Brown has "Opted-Out" of those duties. Thank you Ed for all the hard (and I do mean HARD) work throughout the years. Jeff and I have had a couple of discussions about the prize distribution process. Nothing has been finalized yet, but the individual contest chair-persons will probably play a greater role in making sure that their contest winners and the prize donors are put into contact with one another. There will be a prize distribution cooordinator to support the contest chair-people, and the coordinator will swing the hammer at prize donors who do not follow-through.
(By the way, Ed will still serve as Auctioneer barring any unforeseen circumstances.)

Video Conferencing......
Jeff and I have a brief (and I do mean brief) conversation about the use of the IAP Chat Room and how we could incorporate that technology into a BASH event. We are open to ideas.

I am working on a list of events and matching chair-people to events. Some of you have agreed to do the same thing you did last year, some would like to try something new. We all know that this will be a work in progress, even into the month of February. Hopefully, in the very near future I will be able to identify and post each position where a volunteer is needed. Good thing I like challenges!

That is probably enough information for now. Thanks again for all of your help. If you need to speak with me directly about anything my phone number is 614-774-7676.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will do the almost daily puzzler contest again this year. I would like to re-name it in Landon's honor since he was the one who originally came up with the crossword puzzle contest a few years ago. Entry forms will be available again for all contest as well.

mbroberg

I will do the almost daily puzzler contest again this year. I would like to re-name it in Landon's honor since he was the one who originally came up with the crossword puzzle contest a few years ago. Entry forms will be available again for all contest as well.

Thanks Curtis!

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Unfortunately I will not be able to help with the Trivia contest this year since I'm now working part time (7:30A-5:30P Wed, Thurs, and Fri) unless we split the duties differently than before. If there is any place I can help that fits my schedule, I'm more than willing to help.

mbroberg

Unfortunately I will not be able to help with the Trivia contest this year since I'm now working part time (7:30A-5:30P Wed, Thurs, and Fri) unless we split the duties differently than before. If there is any place I can help that fits my schedule, I'm more than willing to help.

Mannie,

I don't recall your consulting the BASH planning committee before taking a job.:rolleyes:

I'm sure we will work it out. Thanks!

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

Mannie,

I don't recall your consulting the BASH planning committee before taking a job.:rolleyes:

I'm sure we will work it out. Thanks!
Well, pay I'm receiving from IAP isn't enough to pay for releveling my house slab. :eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
In for any and all parts I can help with again. I was going to change the youth contest picture posting to pictures of the pens as they cane in but not the pictures with the pen maker in them. I was thinking this might generate more enthusiasm but I am flexable.

Last edited:
I thought the edible pen contest was a fun contest. I'm game to do it again. I was thinking that an alternative pen materiel contest might be interesting. Non wood and non acrylic.
Perhaps we could have a link to the calendar on the front page and a list of what contest is ending next. Are we thinking of posting the rules for the contests sometime in January to give people time to prepare? I'm game to run another event or so.

mbroberg

I can create a better calendar on the Joomla site that can be linked here if it is needed/desired.

That would work for me. Would you be the only one who has access to edit it? As the Bash draws nearer the schedule needs to be updated frequently. Would you have time to do that (you talked about your heavy workload in another thread)?

Top Bottom