Here is one for you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

Very interesting piece. It appears the replacement cartridge contains a spring mechanism for the click operation. Does the retraction feature really keep the ink from drying out?

Oliver X

Pilot Vanishing Points (also Capless and Decimo and the the twist variety, Fermo) have been around since the 1960s. You can even buy 1:1 Chinese copies now that they've been around so long. Platinum and Lamy also make retractable fountain pens, but the Pilot is pretty much the benchmark against which they're all compared.

Oliver X

Very interesting piece. It appears the replacement cartridge contains a spring mechanism for the click operation. Does the retraction feature really keep the ink from drying out?
They don't dry out in regular use, but they're not so great for very intermittent use. The cartridges and converters are standard Pilot fare. The mechanism is all contained in the pen.

InkyMike

I have one of the Pilots. It's an interesting design, it's not my favorite FB. As Oliver mentioned, not the best for intermediate use.

BULLWINKLE

Not sure if this link will show it but was on FB this morning and saw an ad for a Click Fountain pen made in Japan. never seen anything like this. Many questions come to mind but thought I would ask has anyone seen something like that. I will try to find exact link.

https://www.penboutique.com/pages/search-results-page?q=click fountain pen

https://www.penboutique.com/collect...559&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=pilot-vp
They are carried pount up. I guess in case of leaking. I wonder why they don't dry out.

Oliver X

They are carried pount up. I guess in case of leaking. I wonder why they don't dry out.
Pretty much all fountain pens are carried nib up. It's in their nature to splatter ink inside the cap when carried nib down. There is a trap door that seals off the nib when they're retracted, but they don't seal quite as well as a standard pen cap.

Top Bottom