Here are the URLs for your forms

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Folks,

Here are the URLs for your forms. Please look over your form and run tests on them by submitting a couple of entries. If they are working properly, you will receive an e-mail from noreply@iapbash.org with the basic info for the entry. You will NOT get address, e-mail address, etc info since that is not necessary to run the contests and the disclaimer on the form states that the info "will be held in strict confidence according to the IAP Privacy Policy.This information will only be used for the delivery of prizes should you win." Once your contest is over and you know the winners, contact me and I will provide the shipping info for prize distribution for the winners only.

If you see ANYTHING that needs to be changed, please let me know. I am EXTREMELY picky about everything I do and do not want my name associated with something that is not quite right!

The general URL for the Bash Form Server Page with listings of all contests is Home

The Ugly Pen Contest
The Kitless Pen Contest
The Freestyle Pen Contest
The Youth Pen Contest
The Modified Kit Pen Contest
The Antler, Horn, and Bone Pen Contest
Git It Done
The Ballpoint Pen Contest
The Pen Photography Contest
Shop Life Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Thanks Curtis!! The addition of the photo is a nice touch!! Thanks for taking the time to do that...

The only things I notices was:

1. I thought we were upping the photo dimensions to 960x960 (forum maximum). The text at the bottom still reads "800x600" If that is not going to change, I will adjust rules to match.
  2. Would it be possible to make the second address line optional (it makes you enter something, and some people :)rolleyes:) don't read instructions to know to enter "n/a" if they don't need the second line (not a major deal if it's too much trouble, they've dealt with it for past years if I remember..)
Just to confirm also, the member does NOT receive a confirmation e-mail for submission correct? I did not (at least not before the entry message came...)

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just submitted another test entry at about 4:50 pm and as of 6:40 pm I still have not received it at my email iapcontest at woodenwonderstx dot com.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
  1. The forum software default on .jpg files is 960x960 but for .png it is 800x800 and .bmp it is 800x600. I went with the lowest common denominator.
  2. The form software sets this. I have no control over it. If folks would just read the damn directions life would be so much easier!
The entrant should be recieving an e-mail with a copy of their entire submission including the photo files. If not, I will have to check that to see what is going on.

Thanks Curtis!! The addition of the photo is a nice touch!! Thanks for taking the time to do that...

The only things I notices was:

1. I thought we were upping the photo dimensions to 960x960 (forum maximum). The text at the bottom still reads "800x600" If that is not going to change, I will adjust rules to match.
  2. Would it be possible to make the second address line optional (it makes you enter something, and some people :)rolleyes:) don't read instructions to know to enter "n/a" if they don't need the second line (not a major deal if it's too much trouble, they've dealt with it for past years if I remember..)
Just to confirm also, the member does NOT receive a confirmation e-mail for submission correct? I did not (at least not before the entry message came...)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You did not provide me with the correct e-mail in the thread so your old one from last year was used. You did not provide the corrected e-mail until yesterday morning and I had to work all day (imagine that!) and then had family plans yesterday evening and today. Just got around to changing it to the one you asked for. It should be working correctly now.

Just submitted another test entry at about 4:50 pm and as of 6:40 pm I still have not received it at my email iapcontest at woodenwonderstx dot com.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I cant get mine to accept the address fields.

You have to fill out the second address line. This is a software issue, not something I have set. It states next to the second address line to enter N/A if not applicable. Might need to direct your entrants to read the directions so they don't miss it.

bobleibo

HI Curtis
I just did a test run
- I got (2) acknowledgment emails sent to me as the contest chair (I used my own personal info for the test)
- The 1st email had only the IAP user name and contest specific information but loaded each of the pics twice
- The 2nd email had all of the entrants information (contest info, address, email, etc.) and only loaded the pics once
- I also saw an acknowledgment of entry right after I submitted it.
I can work with either one or both, just wanted to pass this along if it has any bearing on your end.
Thanks for doing this!
Bob

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You got 2 e-mails because one of them came to you as the contest chair and then other came to you as the submitter. The one you receive as the chair should only have the IAP Name and contest info. There should not be any personal information since you do not need it until a prize is won and sending it to you on each one is a violation of the IAP Privacy policy.

HI Curtis
I just did a test run
- I got (2) acknowledgment emails sent to me as the contest chair (I used my own personal info for the test)
- The 1st email had only the IAP user name and contest specific information but loaded each of the pics twice
- The 2nd email had all of the entrants information (contest info, address, email, etc.) and only loaded the pics once.
I can work with either one or both, just wanted to pass this along if it has any bearing on your end.
Thanks for doing this!
Bob

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I just changed the e-mail address to my own and verified that only one e-mail is sent to the contest chair that contains username and contest info one. The second e-mail is sent to the entrant and contains all info including a copy of the pictures. I changed it so the photos are no longer being inserted into the e-mail and are now only attached as a file.

HI Curtis
I just did a test run
- The 2nd email had all of the entrants information (contest info, address, email, etc.) and only loaded the pics once
- I also saw an acknowledgment of entry right after I submitted it.
Thanks for doing this!
Bob

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I did not fill in the NA in the second line. When I start typing in my name I use an Auto fill and did not read the fill in with an N/A part.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
You did not provide me with the correct e-mail in the thread so your old one from last year was used. You did not provide the corrected e-mail until yesterday morning and I had to work all day (imagine that!) and then had family plans yesterday evening and today. Just got around to changing it to the one you asked for. It should be working correctly now.

Sorry about that. Both emails working fine.

Top Bottom