Hemp and Carnation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

BarryE was kind enough to send a few blanks with the BASH pith pen he sent. When I posted it I indicated that the next pens I turned would be from some of those blanks.

The first is a Gallant from hemp. While turning it I thought I was glad I didn't put it on a two tube pen. After I finished it I was glad I have enough left over for a two piece pen. It is really sharp looking if a pain to turn!

PXL_20220524_203143674.jpg
PXL_20220524_203202844.jpg

This second pen is an Olmstead wrapped in a blank called Carnation created by Divine Blanks by Divine Island Design. I replaced the two black rings (at the nib and at the center band) as well as the finial. The insides of the blank were painted white.

PXL_20220524_203125538.MP.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarryE

Looks great Steve, glad you are enjoying the blanks. Love the stand too

You're making me look lazy :) Got to get back in the shop

sorcerertd

Nice work. I like the idea of replacing those black bands on the cigar pens. Have you ever tried to do something with the black part of the finial? It would look almost kitless without that black band.

SteveJ

Nice work. I like the idea of replacing those black bands on the cigar pens. Have you ever tried to do something with the black part of the finial? It would look almost kitless without that black band.
I'm not sure it is possible. On the Olmsted, that black piece holds the twist mechanism. I suppose you may be able to turn it down to just over tube diameter and slip the blank over it…guess I may try that next time.

sorcerertd

I'm not sure it is possible. On the Olmsted, that black piece holds the twist mechanism. I suppose you may be able to turn it down to just over tube diameter and slip the blank over it…guess I may try that next time.
Ah, I am not familiar with that kit. I took one look and just "saw" cigar, where the finial just screws on. I do see the clip is different now. Still, I have more ideas. Way too many to try out any time soon. :D

Top Bottom