Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

If old age does not cripple me this pointed corner will. If I could find decorative semi soft molding/trim I'd use. On the other hand I'm giving thought to blunting the edge and refinishing. Not sure how that is going to work. What would you do here. Thanks
EDIT>>> BED FRAME

Attachments

• IMG_7236.jpeg
    IMG_7236.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

It's the corner of a bed frame. Common with things like platform and waterbeds as well as some designs.

The only way I have found to completely fix it is a different bed frame.

egnald

There is a plethora of cushioned products available online for this purpose if you do not want to make permeant alterations. Try an internet search for "Corner Guards" or "Corner Cushions for Furniture", or "Baby Proofing Corner Guards". Some are just corners that slip on and others (like one from "Safety 1st" and "Roving Cove") have a range of colors and can be applied on the corners and all the way around for improved aesthetics. My choice of this kind of fix would be the clear corner only type protectors from UXU (like these).

Considering what tools I have available and my comfort level in using them, for a more invasive, permeant fix, I would mark a radius on the corners and use a jigsaw and sander to first round them. I would then follow up by rounding the top edge all the way around the top with a bearing guided round over bit in my router. If done carefully, I think the result could possibly be masked off and finished with a few coats of brush on lacquer. Otherwise, the entire top would need to be sanded down and re-finished. (I think I would first take the less permeant approach to see how it worked out).

Good luck!
Dave

WriteON

There is a plethora of cushioned products available online for this purpose if you do not want to make permeant alterations. Try an internet search for "Corner Guards" or "Corner Cushions for Furniture", or "Baby Proofing Corner Guards". Some are just corners that slip on and others (like one from "Safety 1st" and "Roving Cove") have a range of colors and can be applied on the corners and all the way around for improved aesthetics. My choice of this kind of fix would be the clear corner only type protectors from UXU (like these).

Considering what tools I have available and my comfort level in using them, for a more invasive, permeant fix, I would mark a radius on the corners and use a jigsaw and sander to first round them. I would then follow up by rounding the top edge all the way around the top with a bearing guided round over bit in my router. If done carefully, I think the result could possibly be masked off and finished with a few coats of brush on lacquer. Otherwise, the entire top would need to be sanded down and re-finished. (I think I would first take the less permeant approach to see how it worked out).

Good luck!
Dave
Corner Guards...Found a bit to choose from on Amazon..... something will work or be a good start. This is what I'm looking for. Thanks, Frank

jttheclockman

If it is a bed frame then just round the corners off using the largest radius you can Simple fix Sand then finish. Use a CA finish with 3 coats thin and 4 coats med. ;)

sorcerertd

You could go with a completely different option and have the top of it upholstered. Would certainly look better than the super easy pool noodle option. :D

MRDucks2

The problem with rounding them off is they are still hard when you hit them in the night. It does reduce bleeding, though. I like the idea of the corner pads. The used to make them for fireplace hearths, also.

Top Bottom