Help with penkitsmall miracle click assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

talpha1

20220528_170337.jpg

I'm struggling with assembling this pen. The upper part of the click mechanism seems like it's too long. The bottom part is firmly seated into the click assembly, but the picture shows how far I can push it in. Has anyone assembled this pen before that can help me?
20220528_171057.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I feel like there's something missing there. The plunger should have something to attach to, usually it screws on to another piece that you already placed inside the pen body. The spring should seat against it, too. As for the length, does it take one of the mini Cross style refills?

edit: I am not familiar with this particular kit, but every click pen I have assembled with a 2 piece plastic mechanism like that has had a screw on plunger tip.

Should be similar to this.

Last edited:

talpha1

I feel like there's something missing there. The plunger should have something to attach to, usually it screws on to another piece that you already placed inside the pen body. The spring should seat against it, too. As for the length, does it take one of the mini Cross style refills?

edit: I am not familiar with this particular kit, but every click pen I have assembled with a 2 piece plastic mechanism like that has had a screw on plunger tip.

Should be similar to this.
The piece at the top of this picture was already pressed into the barrel. The other parts are what came with it. I have 2 of these kits, both are the same parts.

Attachments

• 20220528_182453.jpg
    20220528_182453.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 87

talpha1

I think I figured out what I'm doing wrong. This describes it better. I was putting the two click mechanism pieces in the top of the click assembly. It appears it goes in through the bottom, which makes sense now. This describes it better: Click pen instructions. Phew! I was really frustrated. I'm not heading back out to the shop, but will attempt assembly tomorrow, as per these instructions. I don't anticipate any further problem.

sorcerertd

OK, so...
  1. Unscrew the plunger
  2. Set plunger and spring aside
  3. I recommend putting a very very small amount of silicone lubricant on the click mechanism piece that fits into the other one to help hold it in place
  4. Put the clicker mechanism in the tube so it sticks out of the top end
  5. Assemble the refill, spring and nib
  6. Now you put the spring over the clicker on the outside of the top fitting and screw on the plunger (not too tight)

talpha1

OK, so...
  1. Unscrew the plunger
  2. Set plunger and spring aside
  3. I recommend putting a very very small amount of silicone lubricant on the click mechanism piece that fits into the other one to help hold it in place
  4. Put the clicker mechanism in the tube so it sticks out of the top end
  5. Assemble the refill, spring and nib
  6. Now you put the spring over the clicker on the outside of the top fitting and screw on the plunger (not too tight)
Thank you! I was driving myself nuts trying to get this together!

Top Bottom