Help with old LeRoi Royale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Ran across an old LeRoi Royale kit while doing some clean up. It appears to have all the parts but I can't tell for sure.
According to the only instructions I could find on the Exotics web site, you are supposed to insert the clip and coupler into the end of the tube and then "screw" the transmission into the clip coupler.
How does this work? My transmission just slides in and slides around when attempting to "screw" it in.
Any help will be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

As luck would have it, I just drilled a blank for one of these and have it sitting on the bench awaiting glue up. The one I have is the Le Roi Elegant, listed as D37 on EB, which matches the instructions you linked to. I do have a completed Le Roi Royale sitting around here to compare it to. That is listed as D36 on EB, but can't find instructions for that specific model. I can say that, when I pulled the finial off the D36 and tried to unscrew the transmission, it was not budging at all. My grip is pretty good and I didn't use threadlock, so I would guess that one is a press fit. Maybe what you have is the D36?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here's the original instructions for the Elegegant Royale. I don't know if that's exactly what you have or not.

Attachments

• Le Roi Royale Instructions.pdf
    179.4 KB · Views: 111

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
BTW, all of Smitty's original instructions for his Le Roi pens are available in the Bushings & Tubes app. As far as I know, he didn't publish instructions for two kits: Le Roi V2 Click BP and Le Roi Elegant V2 Twist BP.

If anyone has Smitty's instructions for either of those kits, please let me know.

gimpy

BTW, all of Smitty's original instructions for his Le Roi pens are available in the Bushings & Tubes app. As far as I know, he didn't publish instructions for two kits: Le Roi V2 Click BP and Le Roi Elegant V2 Twist BP.

If anyone has Smitty's instructions for either of those kits, please let me know.

There's a good chance I do, will check tomorrow

sbwertz

I may have the elegant V2. I'll check next Tuesday when I go to the center...mine are all down there.

Top Bottom