Help with iPad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Since my laptop cannot access the Internet, I am using my iPad and it is a lot different, especially the keypad.

How does one cut and paste with the iPad?

if I want to include a website link into a message, I usually do a Ctrl c to copy then a ctrl e to paste the text BUT..... The iPad keypad doesn't have a ctrl key!

any tips on using this thing from the ipad gurus out there would be appreciated.

Wow I just found this little microphone button that sure is handy. I think I can get used to this thing after all :biggrin:

hewunch

Hold your finger over the word you want or at the beginning. This will allow you to "select" then you can copy. If you want to paste hold your finger where you want to paste and when you get the option it will pop up. Btw, you can get a Bluetooth keyboard.

clapiana

yup hold your finger on the screen for the pop up selector cut and paste was a follow on addition for the apple IOS to ensure they got it correct I guess? the first release of the iphone didn't even have it. well it works as good as it can for a tablet but it's hard to get use to it in particular the autoselect.

tips
1) many times I send emails to my own account to specifically open them on my iPad to make things easier. so if you want to visit a long URL rather then typing which is error prone

2) they have apps that sync pages for future reading which are ok but I love to use www.goodtodo.com to send emails to for reference from my iPad and iPhone.

3). I often use select and then copy on my iPhone/iPad as a temp backup in case I need it if something goes screwy. I just did it in this reply which I am typing on my iPhone in case something happens and I loose this response I simply paste back the copy vs retyping. keep in mind no clipboard history though

4) you will quickly find out what an iPad does well but still falls short of a laptop. I still bring both everywhere and usually leave the laptop in the trunk as a backup. sometimes I leave the laptop home and use logmein.com which is fantastic on the iphone and iPad and on a remote public PC

5) turn your iPad into a GPS with the garmin app and the badelf receiver a fantastic combo

6). of course my favorite thing to do on my iPad is to read penturners.org and using the forum runner app makes this a breeze it is a must :)

welcome to the deep dark rabbit hole ;)

enjoy that iPad and let us hear your impressions when you have had it a bit

Top Bottom