Help with cross referencing Barrels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Matt381971

Hello turners I need some help, is there not a reference document or data base for barrels? I've only been turning pens for about 11 months now, turning pens and bowls I find has been very medicinal for me. I do not like to admit this much but it is a fact now, I suffer from severe PTSD. It is almost embarrassing to say it, you see I really feel that my grandfathers generation was the real war hero's, not guys like myself that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not taking anything away from what we all went through, I am just saying that I think the soldiers that fought in World War II went through so much more than we did. Well back to my question..sorry for that, my mind goes all over the place.
So like I said, I need to know if there is any way of finding out what other pen kits I could use the slimline barrels and bolt action barrels with. I had some extra barrels given to me a while back and I only have one more complete pen kit to make before I am completely out. I do have several kits that were given to me but they are missing the barrels...here's what I have...4-Vertex, 2-Faith, 1-bolt action Tec, 1-Executive, 1-Bolt Action Magnum and 1-Gatsby pen kit. So if any of you know if the barrels for slimline or the barrels for the bolt action pens will work please let me know.

Guys I am asking this because I do not have any extra funds to go out and purchase any pen kits for awhile, my disability check I receive each month just will not stretch enough to buy anything extra, so I am hoping the extra barrels I have will work on some of these kits so I can keep turning and staying out of my mind.
I am sorry for such a long post, but I do appreciate all of you Turner's on this forum, I look forward to reading all new post every single day...helps to make the day go by

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

m4skinner

Hello, First off Thank you for your service and sorry hear about you having PTSD.
Are you saying you have a few kit but just no brass tubes for the kits ? if so message me, I can cut the tube you need and ship them to you.

Hello turners I need some help, is there not a reference document or data base for barrels? I've only been turning pens for about 11 months now, turning pens and bowls I find has been very medicinal for me. I do not like to admit this much but it is a fact now, I suffer from severe PTSD. It is almost embarrassing to say it, you see I really feel that my grandfathers generation was the real war hero's, not guys like myself that fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am not taking anything away from what we all went through, I am just saying that I think the soldiers that fought in World War II went through so much more than we did. Well back to my question..sorry for that, my mind goes all over the place.
So like I said, I need to know if there is any way of finding out what other pen kits I could use the slimline barrels and bolt action barrels with. I had some extra barrels given to me a while back and I only have one more complete pen kit to make before I am completely out. I do have several kits that were given to me but they are missing the barrels...here's what I have...4-Vertex, 2-Faith, 1-bolt action Tec, 1-Executive, 1-Bolt Action Magnum and 1-Gatsby pen kit. So if any of you know if the barrels for slimline or the barrels for the bolt action pens will work please let me know.

Guys I am asking this because I do not have any extra funds to go out and purchase any pen kits for awhile, my disability check I receive each month just will not stretch enough to buy anything extra, so I am hoping the extra barrels I have will work on some of these kits so I can keep turning and staying out of my mind.
I am sorry for such a long post, but I do appreciate all of you Turner's on this forum, I look forward to reading all new post every single day...helps to make the day go by

Hang tough Shannon. We all suffer from the demons from our past. Creating beauty is the best medicine to keep your mind clear and pure.

its_virgil

Welcome and thanks for hour service. I do hope your PTSD improves. I am also willing to help with tubes for the kits with missing tubes. Whatever M4skinner may not have I may have. Let me know what you need once you have things sorted out.

I have several older kits that I will never turn. I do not have bushing but pens can be turned without bushings. You will need a 60 degree live and dead center. Do you have either of these? If not I have extras I can send. I also have written an article on how to turn without using bushings. Let me know if this interests you.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Matt381971

Hello, First off Thank you for your service and sorry hear about you having PTSD.
Are you saying you have a few kit but just no brass tubes for the kits ? if so message me, I can cut the tube you need and ship them to you.

Hello m4skinner...yes that's my issue is I have these extra kits but I do not have the brass tubes. I was hoping I could find a way to cross reference them and find that the few that I do have would work for the extra kits I have

Matt381971

Welcome and thanks for hour service. I do hope your PTSD improves. I am also willing to help with tubes for the kits with missing tubes. Whatever M4skinner may not have I may have. Let me know what you need once you have things sorted out.

I have several older kits that I will never turn. I do not have bushing but pens can be turned without bushings. You will need a 60 degree live and dead center. Do you have either of these? If not I have extras I can send. I also have written an article on how to turn without using bushings. Let me know if this interests you.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Good morning Don...and thank you for your kindness. I would love to learn to turn pens without bushings...I love learning this craft so any pointers will help my friend

Matt381971

Hang tough Shannon. We all suffer from the demons from our past. Creating beauty is the best medicine to keep your mind clear and pure.

I really appreciate it

Matt381971

First, welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

Check out the Pen Kit Bushings & Tubes 2016 popup in the Reference section of the library. If you have an iphone, you can download a searchable app from the app store.
I see you are not too far from me, I'm in Pearland. If you need and help just contact me. I'm retired, but work part time.

Good morning Monty...this is great that you live close..maybe soon we can meet up and you can teach me a thing or two...I absolutely love turning so I am wide open for any pointers

magpens

Your service is much appreciated ... in many parts of the world. . Thank you !!!

Matt381971

Ok so I have 4 PSI vertex roller ball pen kits ( PKFP4000, PKFP4010, PKFP5000, PKFP5010), 1 bolt action magnum (PKCP7530) and a bolt action Tec Pen (PKTPENCH)

Top Bottom