Help with converter for Jr Gent I.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

I just made my first Jr Gent I and tried to fit a K5 converter. It doesn't fit. I tried a cheap converter that came with a kit. Also doesn't fit. Both converters are too large in diameter to fit in through the front section body threads. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

You might be running into the same issue another member had with the Jr Gent 1 kit: read this thread LINK

Where did you buy the kit?

More4dan

My problem isn't where the converter stabs into the front section. It won't fit into the pen body, it gets hung up on the internal threads. I did order some converters from Exotic Blanks to try. I've 10 kits to make work, with 5 going out as Christmas gifts next week. Wish me luck.

duncsuss

My problem isn't where the converter stabs into the front section. It won't fit into the pen body, it gets hung up on the internal threads. I did order some converters from Exotic Blanks to try. I've 10 kits to make work, with 5 going out as Christmas gifts next week. Wish me luck.

Ah, that's a different problem -- I'm sure I've read a thread about that one too, I think it was specific to the Schmidt converters (the ones that have a metal band around the ink chamber) but I don't trust my memory.

Hope it all works out okay for you.

More4dan

Ah, that's a different problem -- I'm sure I've read a thread about that one too, I think it was specific to the Schmidt converters (the ones that have a metal band around the ink chamber) but I don't trust my memory.

Hope it all works out okay for you.

The Schmidt K5/K6/K2 aren't even close.

Mallory

Sorry to bump but I have the same problem with a Jr Gent I just finished and had the K5 Schmidt converter - didn't realise it was a non standard size :mad:. Vendor I ordered off hasn't gotten back to me.

Any solution to the problem Danny? Did you get a converter to fit it?

Thanks

More4dan

Sorry to bump but I have the same problem with a Jr Gent I just finished and had the K5 Schmidt converter - didn't realise it was a non standard size :mad:. Vendor I ordered off hasn't gotten back to me.

Any solution to the problem Danny? Did you get a converter to fit it?

Thanks

The following converter from Exotic Blanks does fit.

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Converter-Piston-Style-for-Fountain-Pens.html

It doesn't hold as much ink as a K5 but will work. The end doesn't twist but slides to move the piston.

Top Bottom