Help tracking down a woodworker in Virgina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

Good morning everyone.

IAP is one of the largest group of artisans I'm affiliated with, so I have come here for help.

First a little background.
As some of you may know, I have had my business name "Timber Elegance" for for a long time now. When I first started I made the mistake of only getting the Canadian domain name (.ca). When I chose it, back in 2009, I did an exhaustive search for anyone else using that name and found nothing online. A couple of years ago, I saw that someone in the States had set up an online presence using Timberelegance.com. There was nothing I could do about it, and it didn't really affect what I was doing, so I didn't bother contacting them.
I am in the process of revamping my business image and online presence. As I was poking around instagram, I noticed that the other "Timber Elegance" business seems to have gone inactive. I checked the (.com) website and it no longer exists. When I checked about getting that domain name, it still comes up as unavailable. I have been trying to locate the individual that owns the domain to see if the would let me take it over. I have been searching the internet, but can't find any contact info. I can't really find anything at all.

What I know so far
The company is called Timber Elegance
Located in Stafford, VA
Sold as a vendor at the Barrel Oak Winery in Delaplane, VA
The webpage was hosted through GoDaddy

If anyone knows this person or could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Darrin first of all welcome back. There have been some past members returning lately.

Second and this is just my thought. If there is any liens or problems associated with that name this could have a negative effect on your business. Not saying there is but if you pursue the name you may want to look into this path as well before you commit to this. You have no idea why that company went out of business or abandon the web presence. Good luck.

darrin1200

Thanks John

I have been reading for the past hour. I actually found some more information, including a name, address and phone number. Not sure if I should contact them right away, or see if I can find out any other information first. Perhaps I should contact my server and ask advice.

Mr Vic

Darrin, The domain is registered with GoDaddy. Their broker service might be able to get it for you. Depends on how bad you want/willing to pay. You could also grab up the others like .org .store extc.

darrin1200

Thanks Vic

I am just looking for the .com. Most people, when typing a company name into a browser, automatically add .com.

I realized to late the difficulties of playing catch up with online names. That's why the same guy with the domain name also has the Instagram name. That means on instagram, to find me, you have to punch in timber.elegance. Not a big deal, but sometimes hard to keep different ones straight in your head.

duncsuss

Darrin,

Using the Wayback Machine (an archive of web pages) I found something from about 2015 ...

Available Furniture Pieces on this page are located at the Beautiful Historic John Marshall Mansion in Delplane VA.

You might be able to get some information if you are able to contact whoever runs the gift store at the mansion.

Or just reach out to GoDaddy and tell them you want to buy the domain. They are used to this kind of transaction and will be able to tell you how to do it.

Duncan

CREID

Darrin, The domain is registered with GoDaddy. Their broker service might be able to get it for you. Depends on how bad you want/willing to pay. You could also grab up the others like .org .store extc.

If they haven't purchased privacy from GoDaddy they may be willing to give you their name. Or there is someway to get it if they don't have privacy because when I first started doing websites I got phone calls galore trying to get me to let them build me a site.

Top Bottom