help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jssmith3

Hi everyone, I need some help on style, and inlay options for a bride and groom pen and pencil set. I will be using holly for the brides and african blackwood for the groom but my conflict is on what kit to use and how they should be inlayed (bride & grooms whole name, initials, wedding date, etc...,)
Any help or even better pictures of some others have done would be greatly appreciated.
Have a good evening everyone.
Janet :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

JANET you could have the pen case with bride/gromms names /dates on it. I would use the emperor if you like a big pens or the Americana 10k gold filigree for the bride and rhodium filigree Americana for the groom .from csusa.hope this has helped.

JimGo

I did a set using a Baron for the bride, and a Jr. Gent v2 for the groom. The V2's are a touch bigger than the Barons, but are still a comfortable size, and the caps post (unlike the Gent, Jr. Statesman, Statesman, Emperor, etc.). If you do a little "negotiating" here, you might even be able to get a Jr. Gent v1 in the same finish as your Jr. Gent V2, this way the portion you hold when writing with the pens (whatever it's called) will both have similar (though not the same) appearance, rather than the octagonal or hexagonal end on the Baron (not that most people notice the multi-sided part of the Baron 'till you point it out to them).

gerryr

I did a set for a bride and groom using Jr. Statesman rollerballs w/black ti trim and Blanco Nero Tru Stone. I had them engraved with first and last name and the date of the wedding. I made them both closed end and put a Swarovski crystal in the end of hers.

jssmith3

These are all great ideas but the customer really wants them to have a set, not just a pen. The only one I have been able to come across is the classic american at Woodcraft or the European style. These would be fine but I really wanted to step it up to a better plating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom