Help identifying this beautiful blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spindlecraft

Has anybody seen any blanks like this, or know of anybody who is making them?

I've been checking all of my typical sites (exotic blanks, turners warehouse, berea hardwoods, etc.), to no avail.

Obviously there are "similar" blanks, but this one in particular seems to have a quality that I have not seen in any of the commonly available sites.

Any help would be appreciated!

627d52ae23fada199e57b72dd3393eb6.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

These blanks are hard to get, seems Jonathon can't make enough to keep them in stock. Your best bet to get some of these is to follow carolinapencompany on Instagram, that's typically where he announces when some blanks will be up for purchase. The second best bet is to convince a hoarder to let some blanks go, but that's harder. I ain't one of them 😅

jalbert

These blanks are hard to get, seems Jonathon can't make enough to keep them in stock. Your best bet to get some of these is to follow carolinapencompany on Instagram, that's typically where he announces when some blanks will be up for purchase. The second best bet is to convince a hoarder to let some blanks go, but that's harder. I ain't one of them 😅
Funny story, but I met Jonathon at the Raleigh pen show a few weeks ago and he had brought several tubs of blanks to sell. I walk into the ballroom the show is being held in and I immediately hear this loud clacking noise. Turns out it was from a frenzy of penmakers all rummaging through his tubs of blanks.

TDahl

They are definitely difficult to get. Turnt Pen Co. also puts out some nice blanks.

jrista

Well, what an enviable position to be in! To have so much demand you simply cannot keep up with it!

7964Jy

Has anybody seen any blanks like this, or know of anybody who is making them?

I've been checking all of my typical sites (exotic blanks, turners warehouse, berea hardwoods, etc.), to no avail.

Obviously there are "similar" blanks, but this one in particular seems to have a quality that I have not seen in any of the commonly available sites.

Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 336977
A beauty for sure!

Top Bottom