Help identifying bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RegisG

When getting started, I purchased some misc lots. Lot of useful blanks, kits, and some bushings. Most everything was identified ok except this.
These bushings were marked "Comfort" but, they are a lot bigger than Comfort bushings.
I don't have apple phone but, have been hunting through the pdf files here on IAP without luck.
Here are the measurements. If someone can identify, I'd appreciate it.
http://e-regis.com/wood/bushing.pdf

Thank you,
Regis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Cigar sizes would be, going left to right as in your photo :

0.475" 0.575", 0.530", 0.459" ..... Cigar tube size is nominally "10mm" for both barrels.

You can find these numbers in the Berea Hardwoods table referenced on the IAP home page.

Check your conversion of 13mm and you get pretty close agreement.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Cigar looks like a very good guess!!

Especially if they are old--cigar was the only pen I made that had a "step center bushing" (two ends different diameters).

And, the tubes (upper and lower) are the same size--also not common.

Last edited:

RegisG

Wow, Cigar it is. You found it even with my type (smaller middle was 0.51 not .57)

Now I'll order some kits to use them.

Thank you all,
Regis

magpens

Well, Regis, be a bit careful ... the difference between 0.51" and 0.53" is quite large when talking about matching the turned blank material to the kit hardware.

Since you don't know which pen kit company sold those bushings, if I were you, I would think about it again, and if you really want to make cigar pens, order a new set of bushings from the company you buy the cigar kit from. . A bushing set is only $5 or so.

Another thing is, those bushings you showed in your photo, could have been used quite a bit and could be "worn out".

Last edited:

RegisG

You are right. Not worth $5 and turn wrong size.
Thanks.
Regis

Well, Regis, be a bit careful ... the difference between 0.51" and 0.53" is quite large when talking about matching the turned blank material to the kit hardware.

Since you don't know which pen kit company sold those bushings, if I were you, I would think about it again, and if you really want to make cigar pens, order a new set of bushings from the company you buy the cigar kit from. . A bushing set is only $5 or so.

Another thing is, those bushings you showed in your photo, could have been used quite a bit and could be "worn out".

Top Bottom