HELP...... I need new bandsaw blade.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Broke my bandsaw blade last night after everything was closed so had to wait till today to get a new one.

Went everywhere I could think of before going to get one where I bought the saw. WHY??? Cause I knew they were going to be over priced.

Can someone point me in the direction of where to get decent bandsaw blades without breaking my pocketbook? I need a 99 3/4" blade. I would like it to be 3/8th inch blade with 8+ teeth to the inch.

Sears just charges to much for their blades. Anyone have any helping advice?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Suffolk Machinery sells Timberwolf blades and the best price I've found. I only buy from them. Timber Wolf® blades from 1/8" to 1" for every cutting application; scroll cutting, curve cutting, ripping, cross-cutting, resawing and milling.

The website is new since I last ordered. I just call and talk to the lady who answers. I tell here what I will be cutting and she picks the blade. They often have a buy 3 get one free offer so look at the website or ask if you call. I have no idea what the codes are nor do I have anuy idea what blade does what. She has never let me down. The blades i get are always just what I need.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Broke my bandsaw blade last night after everything was closed so had to wait till today to get a new one.

Went everywhere I could think of before going to get one where I bought the saw. WHY??? Cause I knew they were going to be over priced.

Can someone point me in the direction of where to get decent bandsaw blades without breaking my pocketbook? I need a 99 3/4" blade. I would like it to be 3/8th inch blade with 8+ teeth to the inch.

Sears just charges to much for their blades. Anyone have any helping advice?

Thanks.

RMayoIII

If you think sears charges too much for theres you're going to have a fun time finding as good or better blades for less. There are lots of high quality blades on the net, but you get what you pay for.

stonepecker

I never mind paying a "FAIR" price for quality. When you see blade that just don't fit the saw but they are the size you want with the correct number of teeth, and those are priced under $10
Sears blade was 1/4 inch with 6 teeth per inch and the prices was more then double.

Just like the day I went to buy a new saw. I went to two tool places. They could order one. Went to three DYI's ...... nothing on display.

I drove 40 miles because the 'saleman' said they had three on the floor. Two were bench models that were to small for my needs. The third one wasn't for sale. It was their demo and they could order one for me.

SEARS had one in the box, ready to load, and I could afford it. It is a good saw but with lots to be desired. Most of this can be ordered on line. I prefer to cash and carry. I don't like credit cards or PayPal because both have cause me ID problems.

I use sears equipment only as a last resort.......I do everything I can to avoid giving them my business. However, sometimes, a persons back is against a wall.

Justturnin

I get my blade from woodcraftbands.com My 105" 1/2" x 6tpi are $11 and last as long and my TW's did. The cut is not as clean as a TW but they do cut.

Wildman

Do not know any stores that carry a big assortment of bandsaw blades any more.

Many do not stock blades for the bandsaws they sell.

So unless you find a custom welding bandsaw place close by will have to order from local store or go online to order.

Just that simple!

KenV

The challenge is getting a bandsaw blade that is not part of the most common bandsaws on the market.

There are a bunch available for ordering -- Ellis is a good source with a $50 dollar minimum which should get you about 3 blades for the cost of one from sears.

I can feel your pain as Alaska is even more remote than central Minnesota (used to live in the Dakotas).

I have some spare 93 1/2 inchers -- but lack the blade stretcher to make them work.

Fishinbo

Hope you could check sawblade.com, if you prefer to buy online. They carry the Haltbar-high quality and American made band saw blades and they weld to order also.

Jim Burr

Banned
Ellis...hard to beat anywhere. $50 minimum but I get 3-4 for the price of 2 TW's. You may find a saw shop in your area that will make them.

stonepecker

That blade stretcher is such a costly piece of equipment......hard to find too.

Thanks guys for the advice. And to the guy who offered to take the Craftsman off my hands, .... I will get that Jet when I can afford it and then keep this one for a backup.
One can never have enough tools......er ....toys.

sbwertz

It depends on what you are using the bandsaw for. If you are slabbing logs, or breaking down large pieces of wood, the TW blades are worth the money. If you are just resawing small pieces into blanks, the TW blades are an expensive way to go. I have two bandsaws, one with a riser and a 3/4" TW blade for breaking down big pieces, and the other with a 3/8" conventional blade for small stuff.

hobbyist2013

I have 3/8" hard back carbon blade and I bought this a year ago on sawblade.com . I used this many times last year and
It was fine for rough work.

Top Bottom