Help!!!!! I am looking for parts to bring my Nova DVR 3000 back from the dead.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

iserit

Good evening all,
I am desperately looking for parts to bring my dear old Nova DR 3000 back from the dead. It is my favorite lathe and after many years of faithful service, it finally gave of the ghost. In particular, I am looking for a replacement control board. As I said, this is my favorite lathe and I would rather repair it than replace it. If anybody has a control board to sell or has any ideas on how I can get it working again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Tim I.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

There are a few people on the net that repair these kinds of controllers. The "drive" transistors sometimes go bad. What are the symptoms? Did it fail all at once, or gradually go bad? I have a DVR XP that I love.

monophoto

The controller on my Turncrafter recently died. When I spoke with PSI Technical Support, they suggested that the most likely problem was the large electrolytic filter capacitor - electrolytic capacitors are notorious for failing due to age and heat.

In my case, it turns out that the problem actually was that one of the connections to the output receptacle that feeds the motor had broken - apparently due to corrosion.

Good luck - the problem is most likely something rather simple and easy to repair, but the challenge is to dope out exactly what component has failed.

Top Bottom