Help finding an aviation themed pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RProctor

Greetings fellow turners!

I am looking for aviation themed pen kits. My friend flies a Gulfstream G4 for a private charter company. He has been a major godsend helping deal with our children since he's currently not in the air, and my wives are furiously trying to put a youth activity together (I've been at my office job so not helping much). So I owe him a pen, and he asked about aviation themed......maybe something that looks like a propeller. Anyone have any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

There is a cheesy PSI pen called P40 or something along those lines.

You could look for some wood that came from an airplane. A smaller airfield might be a better place to look.

The honeycomb aluminum used a lot by casters would be appropriate. You might try writing Gulfstream and see if they would give you some of the honeycomb material they use to make their jets. Attach some pictures of cast honeycomb and some pens turned from it. They might just send you some and you can give it to a caster to make some blanks for you.

magpens

You could get someone here who does casting to make you a blank with a picture of a G4 on it ... one possible source of pictures is in this link ...

Another possibility is an aviator blank sold by ..... lazerlinez.com ..... here is the link ...

I wasn't able to find anything on the PSI website after I read Curly's post above ... could still be there if my search criteria were wrong.

PenPal

What I do is use the offcut slice of a burl and inset things like golf clubs etc why not look in a t a hobby shop for a small propellor to insert with a pen slot to hold the pen,also ask Gulf Stream about a suitable badge. Please
DSCF8435.JPG
DSCF8435.JPG
see sample ones to describe what I mean.
Thank you for a mate.JPG
Pen rest SwapJim Mahan IAP 8-5-2010.JPG

You could get someone here who does casting to make you a blank with a picture of a G4 on it ... one possible source of pictures is in this link ...

Another possibility is an aviator blank sold by ..... lazerlinez.com ..... here is the link ...

I wasn't able to find anything on the PSI website after I read Curly's post above ... could still be there if my search criteria were wrong.

How about a 1934 model person who has never seen a Gulfstream JET G4 aircraft but now I have seen pics of them just a walk in the park to turn a small jet engine or two in special timber mate.

Kind regards Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0011_a.jpg
    DSCF0011_a.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF3166.JPG
    DSCF3166.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF0006-224.JPG
    DSCF0006-224.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom