Hello

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

craigie01

Hello everyone

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mark CRAIG and I reside in a the rural township of Goulburn New South Wales, Australia.

Whilst searching the net for parts used in making pens I came across the IAP. After reading your web page I decided to join as I need assistance if possible. My inquiring is about having pen pocket clips made and caps made.

I produce a small number of pens about 1000 a year for private sale and would like to improve the pens by offering different clips. At the moment I use a generic rifle clip of medium quality that are made in China that are supplied to me by a local disturber. The problem is that some of the lines I use he no-longer sells so I am having to look to the USA for suppliers. I am also trying to get caliber specific clips made from sprung steel if possible that match the rifle shells I use to make the pens. I would like to have clips designed in the 303, SLR and Styre rifles. These are the rifles that have seen service within the Australian Military. The 303 saw service in WW1, WW2 and Korea. The SLR was in service from the 60's until the early 90's, whereby the Styre was introduced and is currently in service. I have attached pictures with this email for ease of reference. I have also attached pictures of the pens I make.

As a former Australian soldier and currently serving police officer I feel that having these caliber specific clips would add to the quality and visual appearance of the pens. I have also been asked by mates from the army and the police if it is possible to get 303, SLR or Styre clips for the pens, to date I have always had to say no. I have search all over the world without success. I approached a supplier here in Australia about having them made and was told that it is possible however the minimum order for each line would be 50,000.

I appreciate the numbers I am talking about are small so I have been looking at trying to produce the clips myself however as I am new to this I am not sure of what machine is use to produce the clips.

I have attached pictures of the pens I make.

Thankyou in advance for any assistance provided.

Mark CRAIG

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 101
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Mark! Welcome from snowy Ohio (16" on my front yard)!

Can't give much help with the clips... Sorry; I'm sure you are familiar with Timberbits - might they help???

Oh... A "small" amount of pens a year... 1,000! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...

GOOD FOR YOU!

craigie01

Timberbits.

Hello Mark,

I currently get most of my components from timber bits, they cannot help. I honestly did think it would be this tough. I will keep looking.

Regards
Mark

PenPal

Hi Mark Peter here I live down the road an hour married a Goulburn girl 60 yrs ago in the middle of the year. There used to be a Goulburn Woodworkers group.

Interested in the clips you use do you prefer the clip facing up or down? the weapon facing has become important to some people.

Les in Red Deer Canada is a member of this and other forums and to my mind an authority on all pens using cartridges using a variety of shells etc he is a friend of mine and has developed the practice to a high degree producing large numbers of pens, pen related items of quality.

If you come to Canberra I would be happy to have a yarn with you.

Kind regards and welcome Peter.

OZturner

Welcome Mark, from Sydney Australia.
Very interesting Pens, though two of your "Mug Shots" were a little "Out of Focus".
I take it that you want the Image on the Clip to Replicate the 303 Lithgow Enfield Profile. You are probably well aware that a couple of the larger Pen Suppliers have Pens with Rifle Clips, though they are not 303 Profile.
Thank you for your continuing service
Regards,
Brian.
Brian.

Top Bottom