Hello There! (From New York)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brancelot

Hi everyone, I'm a novice turner originally from Utah, and first got into turning during high school wood shop classes. I had always wanted my own little set up, but moving to NY (close to the city) left me with very little space, and it only recently became functional to get back into this hobby of mine that was greatly missed. My wonderful wife surprised me with a Rikon 70-105: 10″ x 18″ Mini Lathe, knowing that I'd wanted to get back into making pens, and I'm in the process of getting everything set up.

I'm looking forward to perusing this treasure trove of knowledge and experience, and to interacting with this community.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Hey there, welcome! Lots of good info here plus helpful folks. Good for you getting back to something you enjoy!

MedWoodWorx

Hi everyone, I'm a novice turner originally from Utah, and first got into turning during high school wood shop classes. I had always wanted my own little set up, but moving to NY (close to the city) left me with very little space, and it only recently became functional to get back into this hobby of mine that was greatly missed. My wonderful wife surprised me with a Rikon 70-105: 10″ x 18″ Mini Lathe, knowing that I'd wanted to get back into making pens, and I'm in the process of getting everything set up.

I'm looking forward to perusing this treasure trove of knowledge and experience, and to interacting with this community.
Welcome from Greece

TonyL

Welcome. I'm was born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens, attended college in the the Bronx, and worked in Manhattan for 30 years.

brancelot

Welcome. I'm was born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens, attended college in the the Bronx, and worked in Manhattan for 30 years.
That's awesome. I work in Manhattan, and we have lived in New Rochelle, Washington Heights, and now up a decent bit farther north near Peekskill.

TonyL

That's awesome. I work in Manhattan, and we have lived in New Rochelle, Washington Heights, and now up a decent bit farther north near Peekskill.
attended Fordham. Spent a lot of time in Westchester, even dated a gal in WH (near the cloisters).

Top Bottom