Hello..rookie from NJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JJKEVANT

Banned
Hello all. I just started pen turning late January. I've been talking about wanting to do this for years after seeing someone at a Xmas craft show . Wife bought me a mini lathe for this past Xmas and I ran with it. Have only made 4 pens so far. Very excited about doing so much more.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP Kevin. I spent a few years working at the former Elizabeth General Medical Hospital. Have FUN on IAP!

NJturner

Hello all. I just started pen turning late January. I've been talking about wanting to do this for years after seeing someone at a Xmas craft show . Wife bought me a mini lathe for this past Xmas and I ran with it. Have only made 4 pens so far. Very excited about doing so much more.
Welcome Kevin, from Kevin. Formerly from Long Valley, now Lavallette. Welcome also to the penturning vortex - lol.....might suggest you check out the NJ Woodturning club - meets in Roseland, but the President of the chapter lives in the same town as you. Hope you enjoy the forums here....lots of great people sharing their knowledge.

GraiDawg

Hi man! always good to see NJ folks, i have a maker space in Fairfield if you ever need other tools than lathe

jttheclockman

Welcome Kevin from another New Jersey guy. This is the place to be if you are serious about pen turning. Jump right in and have some fun. Glad you found us. May I ask how did you find us? Always like hearing the stories.

WriteON

You'll be a pro soon. Welcome aboard

Wmcullen

Welcome Kevin.
I spent a summer during college working as a counselor at an Easter Seals Camp in Hackettstown... Camp Merry Heart.
- Cullen

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Welcome to our home. We have many ideas and tutorials for your review.

Take a look at our Library of Tutorials listed on the Home Page under "General Announcements".

Here is a direct link to the Library of Tutorials Menu.

Here's a list of world wide Pen Suppliers.

Let me know if you find any others.

Have Fun!

Top Bottom