Hello just getting started

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello to everyone and thank you for sharing so much. Still in read and research mode. Am passionate about learning everything about making Acrylic blanks to work with. find the right model of Lathes and tools for what I want to do to start learning and enjoy learning from others.

Look forward to getting to know everyone :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Last edited:
Welcome to IAP, Patricia !!

If your primary interest is making and turning acrylic blanks, may I suggest a metal-working lathe ? . LittleMachineShop.com has quite a good small one for about $800

Thank you magpens appreciate your suggestion.

Mr Vic

Welcome Patricia from Falcon, Colorado. There are Six Chapters of the American Association Of Woodturners in Colorado. Most chapters have mentors and I think most of us are more then willing to help a newbie get off to a great start. Your can search for a chapter near you on their website Find a Chapter - American Association of Woodturners. If you happen to be near Colorado Springs, we have our meeting with demo this coming Friday.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Patricia. Feel free to ask any questions you might have - we're happy to help.

Please join in some of the BASH contests & activities starting on Monday. There will be lots of stuff going on that doesn't require a lathe.

Edgar

Welcome Patricia from Falcon, Colorado. There are Six Chapters of the American Association Of Woodturners in Colorado. Most chapters have mentors and I think most of us are more then willing to help a newbie get off to a great start. Your can search for a chapter near you on their website Find a Chapter - American Association of Woodturners. If you happen to be near Colorado Springs, we have our meeting with demo this coming Friday.

Thanks, from Walsenburg. will check out the list !

Mr Vic

Thanks, from Walsenburg. will check out the list !

The closet chapter to you would be in Pueblo. They meet the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Pueblo Wood Turning Club

Cwalker935

Welcome from Virginia. A Jet mini lathe or a similar one from another manufacturer may be an alternative depending on what your ultimate interests are. You can do acrylics as well as bowls and small hollow forms if your interests extend beyond pens.

Thank you for a warm welcome and suggestions. Very helpful for looking in the right direction for materials, resources. The forum is very well set up and I am finding what I need. Filling in the details that I was missing to put together a plan of action. Great day(s) for making list. Hope everyone is stocked up and stays safe in the winter storm moving in. This is the exact type of storm that hit several years ago right at this exact time.. 23 inches then melted the next day. The snow melt roaring down our way,from the mountains behind me lasted a week, taking out the road on both side of us.. Great time for kicking back and crafting.... :) Am set to sit tight for awhile if need be and hopefully I get a chance to try out the new track loader DH got me for Christmas lol..

Edgar would like to check out the BASH contest you talked about for Monday. Where will that be listed to find it.

Top Bottom