Hello from Yorkshire!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mick-F

Hi all - I am very new to wood turning in general. I have only recently purchased a lathe and haven't actually got round to using it yet. I have a Nova Comet II midi lathe and I am particularly interested in segmented pens. I have looked at loads of YouTube videos and find it fascinating. I cannot yet envisage how a particular segmentation will look once it is turned but I suppose this comes with experience. I am really looking forward to receiving advice and getting involved in discussions. I do realise that I need to walk before I can run.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Welcome from Thirsk ! Best advice is join a club and have a go.
This forum is welcoming and FULL of good advice but hands on wins every time.

Merry Christmas

Ian

magpens

Hi Mick !! . Welcome to IAP !!

Looking forward to seeing some examples of your segmenting ... even the very first that you attempt.

For starters, have a look in "Resources", or you can also do a search for the words "Segmented", "Segmenting", etc.

Some members with articles on the subject are "Mark James" and "jttheclockman", and there are some others.

For some interesting examples of the work by "wood128" ( aka Joe S. ) look on the vendor website ... www.exoticblanks.com ...

Here's the result of a search that I did on that website using the single word "Segmented" ....

Mick-F

Hi All and thanks for the great welcome.
I welcome any advice will always be grateful for this.
I can't wait to get started but will have to get Christmas out of the way before I can 'get stuck in'.
I am really looking forward to learning new skills and, hopefully, producing some great pens.
Many thanks
Mick

Top Bottom