Hello from Western NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Uncle_Lou

Greetings!

I am 48 and living in Western NY; my stepdad started turning a year or so ago, mostly pens and a few other small items. He walked me through crafting a few small items as gifts and I found that I really enjoyed it. I am still recovering from a shoulder surgery I had in October of '22 and have been spending an increasing amount of time on his lathe. Obviously still very new to it all, but learning all the time. I find that I enjoy doing bottle stoppers more than pens as I have a lot more creative freedom with the shaping of the blank, but still enjoy turning pens and trying other small items as well. Hoping to learn from those with more experience than I have so I can improve my craft. Looking forward to some educational discussions! Hope everyone is well.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Welcome to IAP !
Have you tried the threaded inserts for the bottle stoppers ? Makes things so much easier to do and you can unscrew the top to wash the metal part. No need to tap threads. You also need the chuck designed for this. It's about $15 at Penn State Industries.

Top Bottom